ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment. Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML employs more than 21,000 people.
|Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, System Engineering|
To achieve this you will need to keep pace with, and implement, the very latest developments and innovation in software. And more than just exceptional technical talent, you will need to develop excellent communications skills that will enable you to not only investigate customer requirements to the nth degree but also to explain and convince non-software people about the nature of complex applications. You will become a dynamic investigator, visionary and recognised solutions provider. This is more than source code. This is a challenging position requiring you to develop and practice an exciting new variety of abilities and skills. But because the impact you will make is so immediate and so significant it is also a position that comes with great satisfaction and an immense sense of achievement.
As a software architect you will specify application software architecture, keeping testability, extendibility and maintainability in mind. But this is ASML, so not surprisingly there are plenty of opportunities for professional growth, and you will develop an extremely valuable set of new hard-and soft-skills.
In particular, you will:
• Be the owner/writer of the software requirements & design specifications, and maintain this with focus on improvements from lessons learned and customer feedback (Issues, 8Ds).
• Define product requirements and create high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with existing systems and platforms
• Translate business requirements into systems qualities and hence into repeatable design strategies and patterns that enable those qualities
• Survey external emerging developments, and apply new technologies, standards and methodologies that will have a positive impact on our company's bottom-line
• Feel the pulse of the market, management, and development team. Balance the interests of the customer, the organization and the people, in creating an architecture that fulfils the requirements, matches the business goals, and is workable & implementable
• Identify and mitigate risks during the development of new products.
• Identify the most important architectural issues in the existing architecture – rather than being complete, or rather than creating new architecture from scratch
• Prioritize not only your own work, but also the technical issues, especially distinguishing between ‘urgent’ and ‘important’.
Master or PhD Degree in Computer Science
More than five years of experience, from which at least 2 years as a Software Architect
UML / Object orientation / C / C++/ MDD / Scrum experience is highly appreciated
• Analytical thinker - instead of incident management, issue management
• Make it happen attitude
• Politically sound to resist internal issues
• Good Presentation and Communication skills along with convincing power
We are looking for Software Architects across all the DE Software departments
Please add CV and Cover Letter to the application