ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of chip-making equipment. Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML employs more than 21,000 people.
|Wilton - CT, US|
|Up to Bachelor|
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ and San Jose, CA.
- Develop processes and create work instructions to be used by shop technicians. - Initiate and optimize new procedures and adjust existing ones. - In addition review processes created by production engineers
- Initiate and lead in formal design reviews; Development and approval of engineering changes (ECN’s), coordination of parts procurement and prototype construction. Conduct reviews for own designs. Participate in reviews of other designers’ designs.
- Program management - lead group in the introduction of new products.
- Preparation of complete program plans, including scheduling of specific technical tasks and determination of manpower, material and contracting requirements.
- Lead in capital equipment selection process - contact suppliers, set up demonstrations, coordinate process material evaluation - recommend to management most cost effective product for purchase
- Tooling design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigations, and report preparation - Analyze tooling efficiency and recommend alternatives, review designs submitted by production engineers
- Collect and analyze information in order to report timely required information to different users and management. Provide regular status reporting to applicable manufacturing departments in order to enable them to take required actions.
- Ensure adequate Product Information/Technical Product Documentation (TPD) to qualify, integrate, produce and test the product. Recommend alternatives to optical designers that will allow for cost effective manufacturing of the product while still meeting design requirements. .Define the specifications to pack, transport, install, use, maintain and scrap the product and contribute to the documentation.
- Contribute to good spirit of cooperation, by finding solutions, execution of all kind of tasks and good communication.
- Lead and evaluate for management, production engineers performance in regards to product and production techniques /skills.
- Ensure designs that meet the specifications within the constraints, given in the project plan. Realize the qualification of the design by ensuring the proto production and execution of tests. Ensure manufacturability and serviceability, including required means/tools. Interface with design engineering to design and develop prototypes and development of tests for proof of concept
- Produce and deliver according procedures and instructions complex products/services for current, old and new products. Administrate actions and product- process- information in production protocol and databases, highlight deviations/abnormalities.
- Indicate and report recurring problems during manufacturing of products or in processes. Works conform Technical Product Documentation (TPD), checks the completeness/quality. Initiate enhancements. Lead development teams to improve processes and insure cost effectiveness of new and existing products.
- Troubleshooting: CNC machines and processes that include OptoTech, Schneider, MRF, and conventional machines.
- Principle and techniques: CNC generating/polishing (theory and/or practical application), conventional generating/polishing, continuous polishing, and process material.
- Training: CNC generating and polishing, Conventional and Continuous.
- Documentation: Process documentation/worksheets, process tracking/quality control.
- Tooling: CNC generating/polishing tool design. Tooling preventive program.
- Bachelor degree on Optical Engineering or Science/Mathematics or equivalent experience with strong work experience background (10+ years).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer