30+ days ago - req10014
Manufacturing - HMI Mechanical Supply Quality Engineer - Tainan
In a nutshell
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce. ASML creates the systems that the lithography industry needs to achieve its goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong support of our suppliers.
As a Supply Quality Engineer, you will take a pivotal role as a linking pin between the ASML D&E development team and the related development team of the supplier, with a primary focus on parts quality. You maintains and develops at an operational level the relation to the supplier with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between supplier and ASML while managing all the critical quality elements of full life-cycle of product from NPI stage to Volume. Using your personal skills, you will work closely together with the supplier & ASML internal stakeholders to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers.
Within the project the SupplyQuality Engineer (SQE) is the primary responsible to ensure parts qualityfrom our suppliers. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analyticthinking, political antenna and excellent people skills, you work closelywith suppliers to build up an intimate knowledge of their IP andtechnological capabilities.
The main responsibilities are:
- Early supplier involvement in theD&E project to secure that technology expertise of ASML and supplier aremerged in the best way.
- Ensure that not only parts quality,however, also manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in thedesign phase.
- Document the D&E projectcollaboration, including supplier & ASML responsibilities and roles via aStatement of Work (SoW).
- New product introduction (NPI) andsupplier selection.
- Deliverables that secure partsquality from suppliers in the ASML product generation process
- Responsible for the entire Qualityand Technical process performance for suppliers, including operationalinterface on deviations from specifications
- Monitor, review and drive supplierquality performance from incidents to structural improvement
- Optimize manufacturing processesat suppliers by improving quality, testing and qualification infrastructure
- Drive yield and processimprovements at suppliers. Actively participate in improvement projects atsuppliers (cycle time reduction, cost of goods reduction)
- Carry-out analyses of quality andlogistical issues to drive technical solutions needed during materialavailability escalations
- Support implementation of hardwarechanges at suppliers
- Production process qualification for R4V of mainsproducts (PFMEA)
- Manufacturing conform standards (UL508A).
- Process to maintain and improveproducts-SPC
- Ability to addedvalue testing strategy (zeroNFF)
- Supply chain management / highest reliability
- Technology leadership for the specific (mains)product
- Technology competence/Technical Dev.Comp.(incl. EOL)
BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering
Broad (at least 5-8 years) experience in high tech environment with a focus on supplier management or part quality or project management in Electro-mechanics engineering. Familiar with machining process like CNC Lathes machine, CNC Milling machine, mold design and precision machining as well as Engineering towards production processes. Specialism in electro-mechanic assemblies.
The following personal skills are crucial to a successful execution:
• Ability to read and analysis the mechanical drawings
• Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
• Strong networker with good negotiating and team building skills
• Strong communicator.
• Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions.
• Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive.
• Flexible, result driven and committed.
• Team player
• Process oriented
• Fluent in English
Context of the position
The holder of this position reports to the Group leader of the Supplier Quality Management HMI. Interfaces with Suppliers, Project leads Development, Customer Support, Manufacturing, Engineers, Logistic and Procurement. Travelling to (global) suppliers may be required.