Alignment Engineer Optics
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize optics based alignment technology?Are you able to cooperate in a technical team of professionals in order to realize defiant customer requirements? Please contact us today. We currently have exciting opportunities for a senior engineer that can apply cutting edge pattern recognition for high accuracy alignment and positioning.
As senior design engineer alignment you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment in which you will have to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in:
- Analyzing application requirements.
- Specifying and designing wafer alignment algorithms, pattern recognition algorithms, while incorporating constraints posed by the optical system and wafer properties.
- Integrating, calibrating and testing the combined optical and algorithm system.
In this job it is of utmost importance that you work in close cooperation with colleagues from many disciplines in- and outside ASML, and from different parts of the world (US, Asia, Europe). The work is performed in a dynamic and high-tech environment, operating at the limits of physics. Here strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills are crucial. You will work towards meeting expectations and you are flexible. You are ambitious and willing to embrace the opportunity to improve. You will identify and understand the needs of your internal and external clients and be responsive, logical, and flexible.
You will work in a multidisciplinary project (physics, mechanics, electronics, mechatronics, and software) that develops the alignment subsystem for the Yieldstar wafer metrology tool.
- Analyze the application of the alignment function, including interaction with customer support and possibly directly with customers.
- Define and discuss the specification of wafer alignment models and algorithms in order to meet the application requirements.
- Generate effective and creative solutions in order to realize these requirements, including specification towards software engineering.
- Cooperate in modeling and experimental verification of the ultimate system performance of the Yieldstar.
- Support the production of the system and its use by the final customers.
To succeed as sr. engineer you are qualified on at least MSc level in Applied Physics, Mathematics, or similar.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Knowledge of image processing and pattern recognition algorithms and libraries (preferably Cognex Vision-Pro).
- Basic knowledge of optics or a clear interest in obtaining this.
- Data analysis skills with MatLab.
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
- Hands-on mentality and result orientation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Good communicational skills and knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The Yieldstar Hardware Sensing group is, within the sector Development and Engineering, part of the Applications business line. We develop and deliver solutions to measure, stabilize, control and improve the performance of lithographic systems that produce semiconductors. One of the main products in the portfolio is the YieldStar metrology tool. The Sensing group is responsible for the development of the full optical column and wafer alignment sub-systems of this tool.
Optics, Cognex, pattern recognition, image processing, design, functional integration, test, specification, physics