Financial Analyst Capex
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Would you enjoy the challenge of working within our successful world-class finance department within the Global Capex team? ASML’s finance department in particular drives the company. The cyclical nature of the semiconductor industry and capital-intensive projects make long-term financial planning and strategic control critical to our business success.
The Financial Analyst Capex is responsible for day to day capex operational activities providing support to an efficient and effective financial closing, reporting and analysis (tangible, intangible and right of use assets).
The focus in this position is organizing administrative activities and assuring compliance according to US GAAP and IFRS. The position combines operational activities with some accounting, analysis, and reporting.
- Perform the period end closing accounting activities in order to ensure accurate and complete financial statements.
- Support the intercompany tooling transfers and coordination with Supply Chain Management
- Generate reports, calculations and analysis to share at management level.
- Generate the applicable reports which are required for the period end closing according to the agreed upon time tables.
- Perform first analyses in order to ensure accuracy and the quality of the provided reports.
- Prepare the explanation of changes in order to understand deviations between actual cost and budget.
- Add quality and RequisitionLocal to information by providing solid and thorough analyses by filtering out any (material) inconsistencies or inaccuracies.
- Support business control in their interactions with business partners.
- Find and solve accounting and process inefficiencies resulting into efficiency and transparency of financial figures.
- Act according to policies and procedures as described within the applicable internal control (SOX) framework and key control descriptions.
You have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Business Economics, Accounting.
- 2-3 years relevant experience in financial accounting within an international company similar in size and structure to ASML.
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Experience with SOX, US GAAP and IFRS is an advantage.
- Committed with a professional and ambitious attitude
- Precise / high attention to detail
- Proactive team player
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good social and communicative skills, fluent in English and preferably in Dutch
- Flexible and fitting into a dynamic and ambitious environment
- Hands on / Getting things done
Context of the position
The ASML Finance Mission Statement is as follows:Add RequisitionLocal to ASML by supporting our company’s business and driving financial performance on a world class level. To achieve this, we will:
Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross sector, operational measures and processes; Protect the business by securing corporate governance, integrity and risk mitigation; Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale; Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
Whether it’s in accounting or control, you’ll face demanding challenges and enjoy the freedom to put together highly creative solutions. With ASML’s financial headquarters just a short walk from its manufacturing and R&D facilities, you’ll be working closely with the business and able to see your ideas put into action.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Interested in this position? Please apply with cv and cover letter.