Financial Controller Supply Chain Management
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Do you enjoy the challenge of driving optimization and improvement of processes, standardization of reporting and insight driven analyses to satisfy the need for management information? ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, a stimulating and inspiring environment.
Setup world class finance processes and reporting for SCM OPEX, creating insights to support business decision making on topics like freight and warehousing.
The focus of this position is on generating and reviewing sector reports, providing effective financial analysis and reports and ensure control in the Operations area. Another important aspect of the job is supporting in (business) improvement projects e.g. related to freight. The position combines high level accounting, analysis, reporting as well as operational activities and driving improvements.
The Financial Controller SCM is responsible for:
- Consolidate worldwide SCM OPEX reporting (>400M€, ~1,000FTE)
- Worldwide explanation of variances between actual and forecasts
- Adding quality and RequisitionLocal to information by providing solid analysis (data analytics) and contacting the business
- Product Costing forecasting and reporting including improving these processes
- Responsible for driving the business review cycle
- Execute ad hoc analysis and reporting
- Coordination of financial and logistical processes between the finance and the business
- Accounting activities for ASML Europe
- World Wide accounting alignment, checking, challenging and support
- Proactively seeking for continuous improvements to increase efficiency and quality
- Support the SCM Controller in running the forecasting, budget and long term financial planning processes and if needed run these processes independently as backup
- University level
- Accounting (RA) or controlling expertise is preferred
Minimum 6 years relevant experience in finance, preferably in a supply chain management environment
- Proactively improve efficiency and effectivity by exploring new technologies and developments such as:
- Continuous Monitoring
- Robotic Process Automation
- Big data
- Process mining
- Ability to deal with many counterparts
- Show commitment and flexibility and reach results
Context of the position
The Financial Controller SCM reports to the Manager Financial Control Supply Chain Management and is together with a direct colleague responsible for all the OPEX related activities for SCM.
ASML’s finance department drives the company, because the cyclical nature of the semiconductor industry makes long-term financial planning and strategic control critical to our business success. Like our lithography equipment, our financial strategies, methods and tools (largely SAP based) are truly world-class. ASML is regularly cited by The Hackett Group as an example of best-practice financial management. We are consistently one of the first major European companies to announce our quarterly results.
If you’re the type of person who wants the satisfaction of being in a smaller more closely knit team where you are directly visible to the board of management, then a finance job at ASML could be a life-changing experience. Whether it’s in accounting or control, you’ll face demanding challenges and enjoy the freedom to put together highly creative solutions. With ASML’s financial headquarters just a short walk from its manufacturing facilities, you’ll be working extremely closely with the business and able to see your ideas put into action.
Finance jobs at ASML ─ real challenge, real freedom and real responsibility in a world-class financial environment, plus the visibility and networking opportunities to fast-track you to the top of your profession.