30+ days ago - req10175
Human Factors Engineer (Ergonomics)
Research & development
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other job categories, Other technical job categories
What can you expect from ASML?
- An opportunity to work in a high tech company where you work on the edge of what is technological possible.
- An open work environment with young and talented people.
- A place with lots of career opportunities and international potential.
- A company where creativity and initiative is rewarded.
- Excellent working conditions.
Ensure that ergonomic design rules are embedded in current and future designs of ASML machines.
- Define, develop, embed and deploy anthropometric and physical ergonomics, cognitive and organizational ergonomics ASML standards based on legislation and (inter)national standards, for ASML products.
- Scope: Ergonomic engineering (such as anthropometrics, manual handling, accessibility, human error, task allocation).
- Areas: Design rules for EuV, DuV, Yieldstar products (Veldhoven specific).
- Implementation of the competence ergonomics in the engineering process of ASML.
- Assisting architects and engineers with implementing rules and regulations.
- Giving awareness training to architects and engineers.
- Performing ergonomic reviews on 3D models and documents.
- Implementing lessons learned from the field.
- Assisting in ASML ergonomic guideline development.
- Performing ergonomic analysis such as task analysis, physical workload analysis, human reliability analysis.
- Add goal and prescriptive ergonomic design requirements in the product specifications.
- Compile and present information verbally and in writing (English).
- Assess and discuss health and safety standards with product safety engineer.
- Keeping knowledge up to date.
- Building an internal and external network.
- An ergonomics/human factors MSc degree gained via courses or accredited organization such as Human Movement Sciences.
- Industrial Design and Engineering, possible TU Delft or comparable bachelor degree.
- European registered or an equivalent registration will be of added value.
At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- Candidates need to possess
- interpersonal, communication, consultancy, negotiation and training skills;
- ability to grasp technical concepts;
- a systematic work approach;
- an interest in human behavior is required;
- affinities engineering;
- practical and analytical problem-solving.
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and realization of all products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the D&E sector, the Mechanical Development department is responsible for the definition, realization and qualification of mechanical modules and (sub)systems within these products.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.