Optical Design Engineer
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the technical capabilities to develop and industrialize optical systems?Are you able to cooperate in a technical team of professionals in order to realize defiant customer requirements? Please contact us today. We currently have exciting opportunities for an Optical Design Engineer.
As Optical Design Engineer in our development and engineering department Applications you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment in which you will have to demonstrate your skills and knowledge in:
- Analyzing application requirements.
- Specifying and designing optical modules.
- Integrating, calibrating and testing the optical system.
You will work in a multidisciplinary project (physics, mechanics, electronics, mechatronics, and software) that develops the optical column for the Yieldstar metrology tool.
- Analyze the application of the measurement function.
- Define and discuss the specification of the light source, optical submodules, their calibration, and their qualification in order to meet the application requirements.
- Generate effective and creative solutions in order to realize these requirements, including specification towards software engineering
- Cooperate in modeling and experimental verification of the ultimate system performance of the Yieldstar.
- Support the production of the system and its use by the final customers.
To succeed as the Optical Design Engineer you are qualified in Applied Physics on at least Master level, or similar.
We are looking for candidates with different experience levels in the above mentioned field of interest.
- Knowledge of optics and/or laser physics
- Experience with hardware development and sourcing
- Data analysis with MatLab
- Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with writing requirements for software engineers and/or suppliers.
- Self-motivated and willingness to learn and adapt quickly.
- Hands-on mentality and result orientation.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills.
- Good communicational skills and knowledge of English.
- Ambition to grow to a managerial role is not a necessity, but career development in that direction can certainly be discussed.
Context of the position
The Yieldstar Hardware Sensing group is, within the sector Development and Engineering, part of the Applications business line. We develop and deliver solutions to measure, stabilize, control and improve the performance of lithographic systems that produce semiconductors. One of the main products in the portfolio is the YieldStar metrology tool. The Sensing group is responsible for the development of the full optical column and wafer alignment sub-systems of this tool.
Optics, architecture, design, functional integration, test, specification, physics