project leader / MDO
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to deploy (parts of) complex projects? Then we want to get in touch with you.
As project leader, you operate in the project axis of ASML’s organization. As such, you are responsible for the planning and delivery of Flow & Temperature control related deliverable's. You do this by organizing and leading a multi-disciplinary project. The activities in this project cover the complete development cycle, from architecture definition to final integration. You pro-actively drive the development work in the team and participate in reviewing concepts and designs on all above mentioned criteria.
The project leader reports to the group leader as well as the project cluster manager. He or she maintains regular alignment with the owner of the overall function which his or her module contributes to. Project team sizes vary from a few FTE to more than 40 FTE, a substantial part of which may be at a co-developer.
Your main tasks and deliverables are:
- Create a work breakdown and translate this into a transparent plan
- Maintain deliverable plan according to the triple constraint of timing, resources and scope and report on progress
- Coordinate the deliverable's from the team, driving performance, availability, cost and timing
- Manage resources in a team and take operational responsibility within projects
- Manage and steer co-developers, aligning them with your work breakdown and plan
Technical University MSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics or Chemical Engineering (or similar). Knowledge of MS Enterprise Project is a pre.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing, integrating and testing complex products in a multi-disciplinary environment
- At least 2 years of experience in leading a small to medium-sized team
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Able to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Affinity for working with co-developers (outsourcing)
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professional designers
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- Good communication skills and good knowledge of English language
Context of the position
The department of Environmental Control & Infrastructure (EC&I) is part of the hardware cluster within the development and engineering sector of ASML. The task of this department is to develop, deliver, integrate and qualify functional modules & parts of ASML’s lithography and metrology tools related to temperature control and gas conditioning. Technology areas are: gas-, vacuum- and water-flow control, architecture and design, temperature control.
BSc, MSc, Flow & Thermal, F&T, Environmental Control & Infrastructure, EC&I, Main Deliverable Owner, MDO, mechanical, mechanics, werktuigbouwkunde, werktuigbouw, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, ToegepasteNatuurkunde, Chemical Engineering, Chemische Technologie, Team, Leadership, Outsourcing.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers
information about your key drivers, your personal RequisitionLocals, motivators and career
ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there
is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.