23 days ago - req1015
Senior Design Engineer (Mechanical Development)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is hiring!
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of state-of-the art technology innovation?
If so, then the job of Lead Engineer Mechanical Development Advanced Systems at ASML, could be the perfect next step in your career!
Specify, design and test main frame constructions and service mechanisms with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs and planning
As a Lead Engineer you are responsible for realization of high precision mechanical modules, ensuring to meet the specifications in terms of safety, reliability, stability, contamination, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability.
You are working within a multidisciplinary project, steering one or more designers in your team. You interface across projects with Lead Engineers, Architects and System Engineers.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for main frame constructions and service mechanisms.
- Create and validate new concepts.
- Prepare planning for (sub-)modules.
- Optimize the design, with a team of designers.
- Contact suppliers for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Define and execute final tests, to verify the specifications.
- Cooperate with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
Master in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of supporting structures and service mechanisms.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading design teams.
- Excellent knowledge of: design principles for precision mechanics and designing on stiffness.
- Experience in the field of manufacturability of high precision mechanical parts.
- Proven experience regarding technical communication with suppliers.
- Knowledge of machine directives.
- 3D CAD modeling (preferably UG/NX).
- Experience with FEM and analytic tools, like NX structure, ANSYS, Matlab, Mathcad.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out).
- Critical on results.
- Creative problem solving.
- Good communication skills.
- Good knowledge of English and preferably German and Dutch language.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products.
The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.