30+ days ago - req10192
Senior IT Systems Architect
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
We are looking for a high-level Senior IT Systems Architect to drive, supervise and implement one of the biggest IT processes transition projects. The business impact will be major – our SCM hosts over 60 million lines of code and it is used by a community of over 12.000 specialists.
Are you looking for a role in which you can drive change and make an impact in one of the world’s most complex technical environments?
Do you have the capability to oversee highly complex systems from a high level and the same time understand the ramifications and the specifics for every business department which uses our systems?
Are you highly experienced with ClearCase and GIT?
We have a job for you!
Your main mission will be to guard and guide the architecture of the ASML Software Configuration Management (SCM) environment, in cooperation with the internal customers and the IT stakeholders.
You will interact with IT architects, design engineers and managers from various groups to develop and implement an IT system architecture in a highly complex multidisciplinary and precise environment.
- You will play a major role in defining short/mid/long term SCM environment roadmap.
- You will define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- You will stay in contact and aligned with major tool suppliers in order discuss their product roadmaps.
- You will partner in discussions with Engineering IT Services (EIS) domain architects and other stakeholders within the internal customer departments.
- You will manage SCM competence team.
- In order to be successful in this role, you need to have a solid overview of complex systems and have the capability to oversee the interconnections between different business areas. This will be crucial in deciding upon which technical solutions fit our organization best.
Bachelor level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or Information Technology.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience in a high-tech enterprise environment.
- Thorough understanding and practical experience with: creating and presenting high level architectural designs as well as creating and presenting long term roadmaps;
- SCM tooling like subversion, GIT or ClearCase;
- Knowledge of the software development process (C or C++ preferred);
- Experience with modelling languages (e.g. Archimate);
- Advanced Linux experience;
- Technical background of semiconductor industry processes, process integration, process control, semiconductor devices and manufacturing is preferable.
- Proven experience as people manager.
- Very good people skills: you are a very good negotiator and mediator; you are able to explain complex technical aspects in a simple, understandable manner
- You need to be skilled at seeing things from a helicopter whilst keeping an eye on quality and short-term deliverables.
- You are enthusiastic, flexible and assertive
- You are a highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- You have a proactive and positive attitude – you have a solution oriented approach
- You are passionate about technical environments and you like to work in a highly complex and multidisciplinary domain.
Context of the position
For ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A sub-department within the IT organization is Engineering IT Services (EIS); this department is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML’s development organization. Within IT EIS three development disciplines are represented: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. The SCM Solution Architect will be active in the software engineering group.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.