30+ days ago - req10234
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation and multiple engineering discipline? If so, then a job of Lead Engineer Fluid Infrastructure at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
You will be responsible for the design of the fluid (gases, liquids/cooling and vacuum) infrastructure for the ASML lithography machines. This work consists of a translation of the architecture into a design that meets the requirements; a creation of the 3D design, volume control, engineering changes, and communication to (and where necessary negotiation between) the interfaces. The other part of the work is to make sure the design can be manufactured, will be serviceable and meets the availability requirements.
- Collect, challenge, interpret and enrich the specifications for a part of the infrastructure functionality with architects and analysts to a solid base for the generation of a new design
- Design the scanner / machine infrastructure (gas systems, water systems, vacuum systems), document this and present in the organization
- Make sure the design is documented clearly with proper CAD models, drawings and detailed design information in NX/TCE
- Guarantee design quality by knowledge, experience and usage of reviewing and risk reducing tools
- Perform the required calculations to predict the functionality. (Key words: Flow, pressure drop, Gas purity, availability, strength, etc.)
- Specify and select appropriate parts and assemblies from suppliers
- Interface with (internal) customers and suppliers
- Steer junior designers in making high quality designs
- Manage farm-out design teams and take ownership of the (external) created designs
- Refine, detail and complete high level functional diagrams (FBD) into detail ducting diagrams (DDD) and Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID)
- In early design phase negotiate and visualize available volumes in the machine with mechanical and electrical infrastructure departments and with machine module owners
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- Solid design and team lead experience in complex technical environmentExperience with 3D CAD systems, preferably NX/TCE
-> 8 years of relevant work experience
- Candidate should be able to work independently in a dynamic explorative environment
- Robust personality taking ownership
- Strong pragmatic attitude with an analytical view
- Good communicational skills in presenting (reflect the situation), convincing (get buy-in) and documentation (the dirty details)
- Fluent English.
Context of the position
The department of Environmental Control & Infrastructure (EC&I) is part of the infrastructure cluster within the development and engineering sector of ASML. The task of this department is to develop, deliver, integrate, qualify and maintain functional modules & parts of ASML’s lithography tools related to temperature control and gas conditioning, covering all fluids and vacuum. Technology areas are: gas-, vacuum- and water-flow control, architecture and design, temperature control.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art
facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
BSc, MSc, mechanical, mechanics, werktuigbouwkunde, werktuigbouw, NX/TCE, design, infrastructure, systems, gas, water, vacuum, flow, pressure, drop, purity