Manager Financial Control R&D
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Would you enjoy the challenge of contributing to our successful world-class finance department as Manager Financial Control R&D? ASML’s finance department in particular drives the company. The cyclical nature of the semiconductor industry and capital-intensive projects make long-term financial planning and strategic control critical to our business success. Whether it’s in accounting or control, you’ll face demanding challenges and enjoy the freedom to put together highly creative solutions. With ASML’s financial headquarters just a short walk from its manufacturing facilities, you’ll be working closely with the business and able to see your ideas put into action.
The Manager Financial Control R&D manages the R&D financial analyst & reporting team (5 fte) and is responsible for embedding worldwide and world-class end-to-end processes and reporting.
- Enjoys working with teams in continuous improvement environment
- Acts as recognized business partner for operational process owners to enable transparent and efficient processes and reporting to drive, manage and monitor performance.
- Ensures compliance of related financials in accordance with applicable GAAP (US GAAP/IFRS)
- Leads team in transformation of related processes towards CFO 2025 vision of ASML consisting of automated end-to-end processes and high quality automated BI reports
- Offers people workable & creative alternatives instead of just saying no
- Manage and develop team of highly educated team members
- Maintain accurate financial accounting of R&D expenditures in compliance with US GAAP and IFRS
- Support and challenge business and financial business partners by providing RequisitionLocal added analyses and management reports/information.
- Support budgeting and forecasting cycles
- Drive efficient Business Intelligence reporting
- Proactively improve efficiency and effectivity by exploring new technologies and developments such as:
Continuous Monitoring, Robotic Process Automation, Big data
Academic degree in Finance and/or Business Economics or related education. RA/RC/CPA-degree is strongly preferred.
- At least seven years relevant experience of which at least two years as team lead/manager
- Experience with SAP and Business Intelligence applications are preferred
- Experience with Financial Planning Cycles is preferred
Result oriented team player, proactive and communicative personality who can connect with all layers in a demanding and very busy technology organization.
Other important skills are:
- Proactive / self-supporting
- Excellent social and communicative skills – able to set-up networks
- Multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural understanding Commitment:
Hands on / Getting things done
Show ownership for solid results
Continuous drive for improvement
- Professional and ambitious attitude
- Affinity with IT environments
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Context of the position
The ASML Finance Mission Statement is as follows: Add RequisitionLocal to ASML by supporting our company’s business and driving financial performance on a world class level. To achieve this, we will:
- Act as a recognized business partner by supporting decisions on all levels by guiding on and deploying of cross sector, operational measures and processes;
- Protect the business by securing corporate governance, integrity and risk mitigation;
- Realize cost effective transactional and financial processes on a global scale;
- Maintain a learning environment where people can grow and challenge each other with high commitment, the right flexibility and continuous improvement in mind.
The Manager Financial Control R&D reports to the Senior Manager Financial Control Operations and R&D which is part of the Corporate Finance organization. He/she interacts with various departments and layers in and outside of finance.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.