Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Are you challenged:
- By being a ‘sparring partner’ for ASML Operations management, Portfolio Management, Program Managers and Project Managers
- By supporting the deployment of the ASML strategy
- By looking ahead and contributing to setting the ambition in terms of the capabilities to be developed to match the ASML strategic priorities
- By actively supporting definition and delivery of the Operations Portfolio
Then we are probably looking for you!
1. Vision development
The Business Architect:
- Supports the vision on relevant parts on the organization, culture, processes, capabilities and key business and IT initiatives as well as the relationships between these aspects. This vision is based on ASML specific requirements and knowledge of best practices in external organizations
- Creates and maintains a repeatable approach for determining and closing capability gaps as part of the respective Business Capability Roadmap and the corresponding Sub-Portfolio, Programs & Projects
- Supports and is responsible for the creation of stable, transparent vision documents like the Business Capability Plan and the Business Capability Roadmap respectively.
2. Vision realization
The Business Architect:
- Ensures realization of these work packages: inclusion in sub-portfolio/programs, advice on project teams, inspire stakeholders to contribute, assist all in execution.
- Assesses changes needed in processes, behavior, IT support and organization
- Inspires and influences stakeholders by thoroughly understanding and acknowledging motives, positions and personal qualities
- Defines work packages from the relevant parts of the Business Capability Roadmap
- Ensures realization of these work packages: guide sub-portfolios/programs, advice on project teams, inspire stakeholders to contribute, assist all in execution.
OSE Business Architect:
- Supports the ASML Strategy deployment process for setting business priorities and cascading operational targets & priorities together with key stakeholders in Operations management and business line -/sector representatives
- Review relevant parts of the ASML house of capabilities and assess capability maturity and criticality given strategic priorities
- Support definition of and alignment on key improvement areas during cascading of operational targets to Operations
- Support the realization and publication of the yearly Business Capability Plan
- Influence company culture and politics through your personal network, while at the same time understanding and challenging these aspects
- Defines, updates and refines relevant parts of the enterprise-wide Business Capability Roadmap definition process in alignment with other Enterprise Architects, Business Architects and (senior) management throughout ASML
- Secure outside-in knowledge from the peer industry and academic world
- Communicate proactively all relevant cross-sector related news
- Define portfolio view on, and ensure alignment with, the overarching Integral Capability Roadmap
- Define, update and refine the relevant parts of the dependency-checked Business Capability Roadmap including time-phased plateaus and improvement steps
- Supports the sector portfolio definition and delivery processes according to Management of Portfolios (MOP) jointly with Business Management, OSE Business Partners, Portfolio Management and Program Managers
- Support implementation of proposed capability improvements by influencing behavior and driving (senior) management decision making
- Break down relevant parts of the Business Capability roadmap into work packages to guide program definition
- Define and ensure the architectural guidance for programs and their respective projects, given the Business Capability Roadmap
- Team up with relevant Sub-Portfolio/Program Managers to ensure delivery of the Business Capability Roadmap
- Manage local demand at different levels by processing operational improvement proposals and requests for change on behalf of sector/sub portfolio and program.
Master degree in technical area or business administration. Post graduate education is a plus.
- Over 5-10 years business experience in different roles in Operations including operational responsibilities, main focus on process improvement
- Over 3-5 years’ experience in managing and realizing large change processes
- Over 3-5 years’ experience with culture change and the soft aspects/people aspects of organizational development
- Demonstrated job-related knowledge and/or managerial experience
- Operational (hands-on) experience in manufacturing, logistics, planning
- Senior management roles in operations (manufacturing, logistics, planning)
- Project leader in operations improvement, knowledge of financial management
- Experience in leading cross-sector/-department transformations.
- Business Architecture experience (TOGAF, Archimate)
- Portfolio Management experience (preferably Management of Portfolios)
- Good knowledge of IT solutions without being an IT expert
- Natural talent to convince, inspire and motivate people
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships on different levels in the organization
- Ability to cooperate and communicate on all levels in an organization
- Sensitivity to political complex environments and multiple stakeholder agendas
- Pro-active mindset for continuous improvement
- Driven, enthusiastic and persistent character in combination with a healthy natural curiosity
- Seasoned professionalism with entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent knowledge of both the Dutch and English language.
Context of the position:
The sector Operations consists of Customer Service, Manufacturing and the supporting functions (Supply Chain Management, Integrated Business Planning, Corporate Real Estate and Environment Health & Safety).
The role of the Operations Strategies & Excellence (OSE) department within Operations is to add Operational Excellence by:
- designing the long term Operations Strategy
- defining the sub-portfolios and strategic programs
- delivering and deploying the selected transformations.
OSE develops and leverages Operations’ talents in ASML and strengthens the connections on strategic topics with other sectors in ASML, in particular Development & Engineering, Strategic Sourcing, Corporate functions and IT.
Position in the organization:
OSE is organized in different services and corresponding groups: ‘Design’, ‘Define’, ‘Deliver’, ‘Deploy’ and ‘Portfolio Office’.
The OSE Enterprise Architect reports to the Head of the ‘Design’ group and will have interfaces with colleagues from the other groups within OSE and throughout the entire ASML organization, on all levels.
In this function you will have no formal line responsibilities.
Are youthe enterprise architect we are looking for?
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, including:
-Fixed 13th month;
-Attractive profit scheme (2016:16%)
-27 holidays and 13 additional free days.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal RequisitionLocals, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.