Junior Mechanical Engineer (ASML Delft)
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
As an engineer, do you like to startdesigns from scratch and finish until actual delivery? Do you have the skillsto make complex things as simple, robust and user-friendly as possible? If you have a passion for technologyand innovation, you’ll want to check us out!
ASML is one of the world’s leadingmanufacturers of lithography systems. Our Delft-based location is focused on thedevelopment of Electron Optical systems to support the growth of ASMLtechnologies in a broad application area.
One Company, One Goal, LimitlessInnovation. It's our people that make the difference. Be a part of ASML. Be apart of progress.
At ASML-Delft you will work inmulti-disciplinary teams in a highly dynamic environment. It is expected fromyou that you are a flexible and ambitious team player. You are able to copewith changing requirements, deadlines and priorities. You have strongcommunication skills to manage ASML internal stakeholders, but also externalsupplier and parties when needed.
You have an affinity to complete thework and finish designs in detail, starting from scratch. The designs will beused in a production environment, so robustness and operator-friendliness arecrucial aspects to consider at all times.
We, at ASML-Delft, are looking for atalented mechanical engineer with a background in Industrial or Mechanicaldesign to join our team.
- operate as a team-player in cross-functional teams.
- have a keen eye for quality, robustness and operator-friendliness
- participate in design and process FMEA
- create and finalize detailed drawings in NX CAD
- collaborate with vendors on the fabrication ofmechanical parts
- conduct problem solving on mechanical fit andperformance issues
Maximum Bachelor in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering orequivalent.
- 2 or more years of mechanical design/draftingexperience within a company
- Experience designing mechanical parts (machined, sheetmetal, molded)
- Experience working with machine shops and other partfabricators
- Proficient with CAD software
- Knowledge of mechanical tolerance analysis
Context of the position
You will bepart of the mechanics and mechatronics group of ASML-Delft, but will operatewithin multi-disciplinary teams delivering to project leads and otherstakeholders.
This group belongs to the sector of Development & Engineering department ofASML, which is responsible for the specifications and designs of all ASMLproducts, and has his HQ in Veldhoven.
You will belocated in Delft, together with approximately 100 other colleagues with variousdisciplines. You are expected to be flexible to travel to Veldhovenincidentally when work requires. For these situations travel arrangements doapply.