Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
In order to provide the software development community at ASML with a great VDI we are looking for IT architect to join our team. Together with your VDI team you will be responsible for the end-to-end development, delivery, and support of the VDI service for over 3500, and growing, software developers.
As an engineer in our VDI team you will be:
- Partof an Agile DevOps team, where you get to design, develop, and deliver newfeatures while maintaining consistent performance of our VDI service.
- Interactingdirectly with end-users and co-developing teams to share your expert knowledgeof our product.
- Empoweredto make autonomous decisions with your team, and challenge your product owner,to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security,performance, and stability.
The VDI stack consist of Citrix and VMware, development and deploymentis done using Puppet, git, Terraform, and Jenkins. We are running over 2000Linux VDIs and are looking to expand the Linux stack and provide WindowsVDIs.
Bachelor or Master level education in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields.
- Youhave experience with Citrix and Linux or Windows to deliver VDIs.
- Youhave an automation/config management mindset (Puppet is a pre)
- Youhavegood command of the English language, both spoken and written.
- Customer focused,
- Accustomed tocontext switching in a fast paced environment,
- Can-do mentality,
- Focus on results,
- Desire to complete challenging tasks and learn on the go.
Context of the position
The engineering IT services Software (EIS-SW) group within ASML isresponsible for the development environments (software and hardware) used byASML software developers in order to produce commercial software products. Thisenvironment consists of an integrated development, build, test and releaseenvironment and must be capable to support Continuous Integration throughoutthe lifecycle and configuration management of the ASML product software.
The environment isdeveloped and maintained in close cooperation with the ASML softwaredevelopment community (more than 2000 developers within multiple departments).
To attract and retain the best people, we have a competitive employment conditions package, including
-Fixed 13th month;
-Attractive profit scheme (2018: 18%)
-27 holidays and 13 additional free days.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.