17 days ago - req10619
Manufacturing Engineer - Final Qualification and Test (NPI)
Other technical job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories, Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
To realize 'World Class' support to Manufacturing in order to ensure highest product quality, short lead-times and 'short time-to-market' by continuous improvement of ASML's new and existing products and processes. This position is based in NXE New Product Introduction Group (NPI) within the manufacturing sector in Wilton, Connecticut.
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML's corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. The company has lithography research, development and manufacturing operations in Wilton, Connecticut and in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training and application facilities are located in Asia, Europe and the United States. The Manufacturing Operations in WiltonConnecticut is responsible for the production of lithography tools as well as purchasing and logistics. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing.
This position is based in New Product Introduction Group (NPI) within the manufacturing sector in Wilton, Connecticut. This role is to perform the final qualification steps of assemblies manufactured in the Wilton facility.
- PrimaryRole: Responsible for functional qualification of mechatronic (complexElectro-mechanical) systems, including definition of test strategy and processflow for new module design.
- Support production issues with concise troubleshootingof modules under test and related sub systems.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts of above systems usingdata analysis as well as mechanical, sensor, and servo feedback.
- Define and create Manufacturing procedures (workinstructions) and specifications.
- Master test rig qualification software:Linux/Python + Proprietary ASML GUI
- Maintain and Troubleshoot Multi-Discipline(Hardware/Software/Electrical/Servo) Test Equipment
- Responsible for maintenance, upgrades, and installationof new test rigs.
- Interface with internal and external customersregarding the build and test of assemblies and final products.
- Review Failure Analysis Reports from suppliers and helpvalidate the root-cause of the failure.
- Introduce new products into production in an existing“Concurrent Engineering” environment.
- Time allocation:
- 30% in Cleanroom learning existing test strategy andtesting software
- 30% Spent in meetings with Design Engineering forTestrig design and Qualification
- 25% Spent with Manufacturing Engineering on processrecommendations and qualification plan
- 15% Spent documenting results and writing guidelines
Bachelor of Science in electrical, mechanical, or manufacturing engineering.
- Must display a solid understanding of complicated manufacturing assemblies
- Exposure to complicated multi-disciplinary (Electro-Mechanical) assembly experience preferred
- Familiarity with integrated Hardware/Software Testers Preferred
- Exposure to Matlab programming a plus.
- Experience with servo systems and moving assemblies preferred
- One to Five years (or more experience & Co-op ok) in an Engineering environment.
- Working knowledge of Unix/Linux/Python a plus.
- Working knowledge of NX / CAD and SAP a plus.
- Working knowledge of ASML system software (for internal ASML Candidates) a plus.
- Experience with vacuum systems – mechanical aptitude a plus
-Broad technical and business knowledge.
-Excellent presentation and communication skills.
-Highly motivated and takes the initiative Works well in a dynamic environment.
-Experience in ERP (Preference SAP).
-Good communication skills.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
-The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
-The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
-May require travel dependent on company needs.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
-Can work under deadlines.
-The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
-Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
-Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
-Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer.