Experienced Multiphysics FEA Engineer for Wafer Clamps
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Mechanical engineering, Physics
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the-art technology innovation andmultiple engineering discipline? If so, then a job as an Experienced MultiphysicsFEA Engineer for Wafer Clamps at ASML could be the perfect next step in yourcareer!
Within ASML, the sectorDevelopment & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specificationand the design of the ASML lithography systems. The department Mechanical Development is designing,building and analyzing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted intothe end products. The group Wafer Tablesand Clamps Analysis is responsible for general mechanical analysis of theWafer Clamps.
In this position, you are responsible for modellingand optimizing several performance aspects of these critical modules. The Wafer Clamps are crucial to make lithographyhappen against the ever demanding specs on overlay, focus, and throughput whileensuring high availability.
You are part of a team of mechanical analysts working on developing, analyzing,qualifying and improving the Wafer Clamp and its interactions with wafers to meet the system specifications and operationalrequirements.
You will use FEM modeling and analysis to a large extentduring your daily work and you will help ensure maximized performance of themechanical design.
Your role will be to take over and further develop ourWafer load model which involves coupling of several multi-physical problemsincluding structural, flow and electrostatics among others.
Your responsibilities will involve:
- Ownershipof the wafer load model and its further development in COMSOL.
- Perform (conceptual) FEM modelling ofseveral performance aspects of the Wafer clamps andclearly communicate all status and results
- Support the validation of the models by testing (pre/post-test analysis).
- Define, document and propose improvement of our analysis processes
- Advise design engineers and architects
Level: MSc with at least 3 years of working experience or PhD.
Background: Mechanical Engineering or Physics with mechanical specialization.
- Solid theoretical andexperimental experience in the field of mechanical simulations (min 3 years).
- Finite element method experience using COMSOL in coupledMultiphysics simulations (Structural, Flow, etc.).
- Good MATLAB knowledge as main data analysis software.
- ANSYS is a plus.
- Preferably with knowledge/experience inTribology and contact mechanics.
Strong analytical ability with apragmatic attitude, creativity in defining and executing simulations andtests, clear communication in English (speaking andwriting).
Context of the position
The Mechanical Analysts reportsto the Group Leader as well as the Project leader.