Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US, LP bringstogether the most creative minds in science and technology to developlithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficientmicrochips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advancedmachines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - toreduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which inturn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters arein Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around theUnited States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CAand San Diego, CA.
This position requires access tocontrolled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized toaccess such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands mayrequire ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to accesscontrolled technology.
ASML San Diego is looking for talented and motivated engineers to come be part of enabling tomorrows technology thru today’s advances in EUV photo lithography, the most technology critical process of semiconductor manufacturing.
The Manufacturing Engineer in EUV designs, develops implements, and maintains methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture, fabrication, testing and troubleshooting of parts, components, sub-assemblies, ensuring Design for Manufacturability and Assembly, final assemblies and systems as well as system hardware and software interface and system controls.
The Manufacturing Engineer will provide manufacturability oversight during the design phase thru new product introduction and serve as the “eyes of the customer” before we introduce new technologies and designs to our customers.
- Evaluates prototype and manufacturing practices to develop optimized process flows to ensure repeatability and quality
- Partners with design engineering during prototype, piloting, final product and tooling design reviews to ensure manufacturability, quality, and reliability
- Writes requirements documents and serves as advocate in design process for Design for Assembly/Design for Manufacturability principals
- Responsible for introduction of new product into Pilot Manufacturing phase and transition to sustaining engineering
- Leads and/or participates as a member of cross-functional and cross-site teams.
- Drives and tracks project progress and updates database to meet defined schedule
- Develop and improve processes using LEAN/Six Sigma principals
- Collects issues identified by technicians to define improvement areas. Utilizes structured problem solving for root cause analysis, corrective actions, and solution implementation
- Participate in design and process FMEA
- Transfer knowledge to volume factory responsible for executing builds and qualification
- Validates build/test sequence and material allocations.
- Write and validate assembly and test processes and procedures to be used in manufacturing.
- Evaluates and analyzes data acquired during tests. Makes recommendations for process or design modifications based on analysis.
- Performs failure analysis, uses data for product industrialization changes
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced team members on root cause analysis and problem solving methodologies and statistical analysis/process control
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or masters in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum of four(4) years of experience is preferred in Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Prior Lithography experience preferred
- Advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: Excel, Word, MS Project.
- Experience with MRP system; SAP preferred
- LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred
- Systems engineering and interaction experience – hardware and software interface
- Some software, controls experience preferred
- Experience in executing improvement projects with LEAN Manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to analyze and translate data to effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule
- Data driven decision maker, good negotiation skills, positive attitude
- Able to read technical drawings and interpret specifications.
- Able to define Bill of Material structure in support of defined build sequence.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship and network building.
- Partner with peer organizations as member of multi-disciplinary teams
- Customer service and focus
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Team focused but individually accountable
Context of the position
This role is within the San Diego Factory Operations Manufacturing Engineering team.