Service Project Engineer
Research & Development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & Development
Mechanical engineering, Optics, Electrical engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The Service Project Engineer (SPE) works closely with the Service Project Lead SPL) to create and deliver service sequences that are verified and released to our EUV customers (Customer Service and Factory). Core responsibility is to use the high-level blueprint structure to create optimized service sequences, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites, while minimizing system downtime and availability. The Service Integrator will strive to maximize synergy between Manufacturing and Service by maintaining commonality of the sequences and other work prep deliverables used by these organizations.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
- Drives generation, qualification and release of service sequences as defined by the AVM (Availability Matrix)
- Reports on service sequence preparation and execution
- Collects inputs required for sequence creation from blueprints (SDS/EDS), 6S work prep, and other sources of information
- Provides feedback for improvement of processes and WoW (Way of Working) used by the Service Integration team
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (engineers, scientists, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, project leads, program, upper management, marketing), crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization
- Collects and aligns work prep from projects and Functional Clusters (FCs) to be able to develop the required service sequences
- Creates service sequences in the agreed upon and uniform format (common access and repair states)
- Drives for efficient verification of sequences by leading generation and execution of an alpha test
- Reports all issues found, and prioritizes them based on impact to performance, availability and cycle time and contributes to issue business case definition by providing all relevant information
- Ensures issue follow-up is done in alignment with the blueprint architect and FC (with agreement of blocking issues for Alfa/Beta/Volume/KDx)
- Ensures all of work is captured in uniform documents (Alpha TPS/TAR, etc.)
- Supports Customer Support (CS) with the creation and on-site support of service sequences for field systems
- Helps to close the feedback loop for MTTR - from specification (SDS) through design (sequence) to result (execution) and back
- Helps to drive synergy and commonality between the Service and Manufacturing organizations
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats
- Works according set safety standards in and outside of the cleanroom
- Assists in collecting data, performing data analysis, summarizing results, and preparing presentation of results for review
- Travels for support of service actions on ASML equipment installed in factory and/or at customer sites (10-15%)
- Completes timesheets, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with ASML’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval
BS in Optical Engineering,Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, orMechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical discipline.Minimum 2 years of experience required.
MS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, EngineeringPhysics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
Knowledge and experiences in high-tech machinery, optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred.
Experiences with vacuum systems a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent (internal) customer skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Proficient at stakeholder management and alignment.Proactive.
- Possesses good presentation skills and is able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
- Plans activities and executes to schedules established by the program.
- Experience in using MS Office, MS Project and Visio.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization. Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions