Upgrade Project Engineer
Research & Development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & Development
Electrical engineering, Optics, Mechanical engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
The Upgrade Project Engineer works closely with the Integration Project Lead (IPL) and Upgrades Main Delivery Owner (MDO) to plan and execute upgrade packages which are a set of Engineering Changes (ECs) on proto EUV sources and/or qualify and release packages to factory and to our customers in the field. Core responsibility is to combine ECs defined in a package into an optimized upgrade sequence and recovery, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites whilst minimizing system downtime and availability. During the execution phase, the Upgrade Integrator will lead all upgrade efforts, report daily progress/delays, and escalate issues as they surface. Also the Upgrade Integrator provides field support through the execution of upgrades of EUV Sources.
- Plans and drives execution of upgrades on proto systems ensuring system configuration lines up with requirements as defined in the integration plan.
- Drives release of qualified upgrade packages as defined by system engineering to factory and customers.
- Reports on upgrade preparation, execution and package release status.
- Collects inputs required for upgrade packages and sequence creation from drawings, specification documents and other sources of information.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats.
- Works according set safety standards in and outside of the cleanroom.
- Assists in collecting data, performing data analyses, summarizing results and prepares presentation of results for review.
- Travels for support of upgrades on ASML equipment installed in factory and/or at customer sites.
- Drives material, tooling and resource availability for upgrade activities.
- Completes timesheets, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with ASML’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
- Provides feedback for improvement of processes used by Upgrades team.
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (engineers, scientists, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, project leads, program, upper management, marketing), crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization
BS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering. Minimum 2 years of experience required with BS degree.
MS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering preferred. No experience required with MS degree.
- Knowledge and experiences in high-tech machinery, optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred, not required.
- Experiences with vacuum systems a plus.
- Experiences in semiconductor equipment development a strong plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization. Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent (internal) customer servicing skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Experience in using MS Office, MS Project and Visio.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions.
- Possesses good presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
- Plans activities and executes to schedules established by program.