Account Manager- Sales
Sales & Marketing
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Sales & Marketing
Other job categories
IntroductionASMLbrings together the most creative minds in science and technology to developlithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, moreenergy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and servicethese advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leadingchipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of theirmicrochips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Job MissionThe Account Manager is expected to manage multi-level activities related to regional accounts or for segments of global accounts to positively impact customer relationships, and future growth in products. Assists in the development and implementation of strategic business plans. Takes a leadership role in managing company resources to ensure total customer satisfaction.
- Accountable for site/account level execution of Volume Purchase Agreement, Systems Sales, Enhancements, Options and Upgrades.
- Develops customer specific product sales/marketing strategies in a dynamic commercial environment.
- Gathers and communicates customer and market information to ASML management, business lines and marketing, including competition.
- Negotiation and closure of site/account level commercial agreements - aligned with the business manager.
- Development and entry of accurate site/account level sales forecast to be rolled up to business manager.
- Ensures that site/account level quotations, orders and all other customer communication are to be handled promptly and accurate.
- Manage site/account level sales order to closure (quote to cash).
Business management and operational responsibility:
- Manages business alignment for customer accounts by identifying gaps in customer expectation and ASML’s offerings and working to reduce those gaps.
- Develops and maintains an excellent customer relationship to ensure ASML’s position as the continued vendor of choice. This is accomplished by creating strong interface between multiple levels of the customer and ASML including engineering, purchasing, planning, R&D / D&E, management, operations, accounting, finance, product groups and marketing, corporate auditors, deal structure team, legal/contract, etc.
- Conveys a strong understanding of the customer’s expectation; recognizes the business linkages and strategies with present and future customers needs effectively to ensure customer satisfaction and account profitability.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve requisition, quality and service to customers through appropriate relationships and feedback mechanisms.
Business Goals & Strategy:
- Helps to develop clear goals and success factors directly linked to the achievement of business strategies long/short term for applicable accounts.
- Ensures ASML strategies are translated into specific objectives, action plans and metrics for the Local Account.
- Assigns clear accountabilities to the Local Account Team by providing appropriate guidance.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve requisition, quality, and service to existing customers through appropriate relationships and feedback mechanisms.
- Looks for ways to develop and build potential new customers and markets for ASML products.
Account Escalation Support:
- Responsible for operational success, strategic alignment and integration of activities with customer support to ensure integrated customer account management.
- Is an escalation channel in the local account team.
- Gets involved if issues (technical & non-technical) cannot be resolved by normal functional channel and ensures the appropriate priority given to the issue.
- Balances the customer’s needs verses ASML's resource/priority.
Bachelor’s degree in a Technical / Engineering field or Marketing required, or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of Business Account Management experience and Marketing Account Interface required.
- Experience in Complex / Large Scale Capital Equipment Industry required, semiconductor industry experience preferred.
- Technical knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing specifically on Lithography desire.
- Able to work independently and set priorities.
- Self-motivated, organized, and proactive.
- Customer communication and positioning.
- Structured problem solving.
- Critical thinking skills. The ability to think ahead, and if-then-what thinking.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent customer service skills, in-person or over the phone. Internal and external customers and customer interfacing.
- Strong technical knowledge of the industry and product.