30+ days ago - req10805
Lead design engineer flow and thermal domains
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics
Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths? Can you translate (high-level) performance requirements into a robust design and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to provide technical direction through different development phases while focusing on performance and financial aspects as well as industrialization? Then we want to get in touch with you.
ASML’s Development and Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the department of Machine Conditioning (MC), specifies, designs and does the functional integration of the various (sub-)modules and architectures related to the flow and thermal domains. The department consists of discipline- and function-oriented groups where emphasis lies on particular knowledge/skills, architecture or modules in ASML machines.
In the position of Designer Engineer, you are responsible for the conceptualization, detailed design and technical product documentation (drawings and other required documents for manufacturing) of flow and thermal (sub-)modules. You are the technical lead for an important part of the design of ASML’s lithography tools!
The work consists of a translation of overall system design into a flow and thermal design that meets the agreed requirements. Design qualification and proving that the design is working as intended during the specification phase is another important responsibility. The design engineer generally reports to the Main Deliverable Owner (MDO) of the project. He or she maintains regular alignment with the owner of the sub-function which his or her deliverables contribute to. Project team sizes vary from a few people to more than twenty people, a substantial part of which may be at a co-developer.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- 3D modeling and drawings using Siemens NX software, and implementation of Engineering Change(s) using Siemens Team Center
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for modules and sub-modules
- Creation and validation of new concepts: steer concept design choice, organize and prepare design reviews
- Give input (design effort) for planning for modules and sub-modules
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers
- Solve issues: propose solution and implementation plan
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability (via Supply Quality Engineer)
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
Technical University Masters or Bachelor in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- 3 to 5years of experience in designing modules or sub-modules into a flow and thermal design
- Excellent knowledge in the field manufacturability of mechanical parts
- Technical communication with suppliers
- CAD 3D modeling and drawings (preferable UG/NX).
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal).
Context of the position
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.