Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
As a LEAN Expert you will co-lead the Lean transformation within Customer Support together with local management towards sustainable improvement, aiming at an overall breakthrough on cost effectiveness and inventory reduction according to the deployment roadmap. You will provide support to the line organization through planning, execution and providing follow up on the deployment activities. Co-ordinate the necessary training and coaching to employees, including leadership teams, and build internal capabilities through train-the-trainer concepts. The results of the deployment (deliverables, business impact and mindset change) are owned by the management team.
As a LEAN Expert you will respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking, and thereby act as a change agent to help ASML’s Customer Support sector in the transformation towards a Lean organization
The Lean deployment program within ASML Customer Support is a major change transformation that requires detailed co-ordination of project and change management elements, training and coaching, event planning, execution & follow up, problem solving and the reporting of the benefits.
- Mindset changes: transform mindsets to maintain continuous improvement efforts beyond project activities and change their way of working to a Lean way of working. Management Coaching will be one of the means to achieve such mindset shift.
- Problem solving leadership: contributes to the improvement of the whole operations RequisitionLocal stream by participating in or facilitating problem solving sessions;
- Knowledge transfer: trains and coaches ASML employees & management on Lean principles and behaviors;
- Continuous improvements: identifies potentials for new improvements;
- Business case: evaluates financial consequences of required resources to implement Lean concepts and translates the realized improvements into positive business impact.
- Project leadership: co-designs and runs Lean transformations in specific areas:
o defines the overall work plan
o coordinates the project teams through different phases
o ensures support, provides adequate status updates
o shares responsibility to reach the target together with line management
o enforces prerequisites for sustainability of results
o ensures transfer to line/process manager
o Bachelor/ Master degree with 7 yrs experience in Manufacturing (e.g. line, engineering), has a general understanding of technical topics (through technical background or job experience).
o A passion for Continuous Improvement and exhibits a ‘there must be a better way, why don’t we try …’ mentality, can think outside the box;
o Experience in Lean deployment or application is an absolute plus, as well as experience in Coaching
o Additional relevant experience with continuous improvement methods (problem solving, six sigma) or change/ project management experience;
o Has the potential to use a range of different influencing techniques (influencing without power);
o Actively gives and seeks constructive feedback;
o Crisp communicator at all levels (operational – executive);
o Is able to listen to others issues and can work in team;
o Can train and coach others;
o Delivers fact-based and well-structured messages in a range of different formats, e.g. presentation, written messages. Business English both spoken and written is required;
o Great networking skills, able to work at multiple levels of the organization, from team members on the field to Senior Managers;
o The ability to enthuse and inspire colleagues in Lean Thinking as a business necessity;
o A belief in 'walking the talk' and working as a member of a team;
o Potential to become a future leader
Context of the position
The LEAN Expert position is 100% dedicated to the Customer Support Lean deployment as a fulltime member of the program core team and will report directly in to the Lean Transformation leader.
To be completed