30+ days ago - req10972
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. At our San Diego location we are renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As an EHS Manager at ASML San Jose, you will prepare and/or assist in preparing policies and procedures in Environmental Health & Safety for ASML San Jose. You will be the Subject Matter Expert on most issues involving Environmental Compliance, Health and Safety regulation, and Workers Compensation. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors necessary to select appropriate methods and techniques for obtaining satisfactory solutions. Perform routine tasks with little instruction and supervision, and general instruction on new assignments. You will work with both internal and external stakeholders in this role.Each day will offer a variety of new challenges to tackle including but not limited to:
- Develop, implement, administer and sustain site-level employee safety and injury prevention programs.
- Maintain applicable site permits associated with EHS issues. Submit permit applications as necessary and play a major role in ensuring all work areas meet Local, State, and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Develop, implement and manage the EHS Programs that enables R&D activities to operate safely.
- Ensure the system is flexible to support the changing needs of the organization.
- Responsibilities may include record keeping, reporting, inspections and providing training.
- Partner and collaborate with the business and operations management, and support functions, to implement and
- Administer EHS programs, procedures and practices.
- Contribute and participate in company EHS program evaluations and EHS initiatives.
- Lead EH&S efforts for projects that include Safety, Physical, Chemical, and Work Organization Hazards
- Build effective relationships with internal teams focusing on customer service based solutions
- Conduct safety and regulatory risk assessments, including physical audit inspections, write reports as required, develop and implement corrective strategies, and report activities to EHS Manager.
- Investigate, compile information, conduct Root Cause Analysis, determine cause(s), identify corrective actions and write investigation reports on any incident/accident that may occur; and ensure action items are adequately complete.
- Bachelor’s degree in an environmental engineering or safety science
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on work experience evaluating, reducing, and communicating safety risks within an R&D/complex technical work environment.
- Strong understanding of EHS management systems, ISO 14001 and 45001
- Knowledge of and experience with reviewing and applying Federal, state, and local EHS regulations
- In-depth experience with evaluating unique Standard Operating Procedures and translating task information into comprehensive Job Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments
- Proven experience and performance of developing and implementing Environmental Health & Safety programs, procedures, associated training, guidance documents, and job aids in a unique working environment.
- Demonstrates hands-on application of technical knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ability to perform in a highly complex and ambiguous environment
- Must have strong working knowledge of and experience within the areas of Air, Water, Waste, Hazardous Materials Transportation, etc.
- Experience developing and auditing EHS programs in industrial settings preferred
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with multitask ability
- Technical aptitude and ability to explain technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Analytical problem solving – ability to identify problems, define problem statement clearly and accurately, and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and web-based applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with providing full range of occupational health & safety solutions.
- Knowledgeable in applicable local, state, federal, and global safety regulations and standards.
·The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
·While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
·Must be able to apply hand manipulation for hand controls, and perform grasping and wrist/forearm rotation.
·The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
·May require travel dependent on business needs.
·May be required to climb or balance.
·Must be able to use breathing apparatus.
·Schedule may vary considerably to include evenings and weekends as well as long hours based on business needs.
·May be assigned a compressed or alternate work schedule to meet customer needs.
·May be assigned an "on call" type work schedule and may be required to respond to customers with little or no advance notice.
·The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
·Occasionally may be exposed to loud noise bursts and may be exposed to toxic gases (Liquid Nitrogen).
·Must be able to work in small, confined spaces.