30+ days ago - req10948
Project Lead Computer Systems Platform
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Are you challenged by the hardware for new and existing computer systems that are embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a Bachelor- or Masters Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and clear experience with leading a project delivering the design of embedded computer hardware? We might be looking for you!
Are you challenged by managing projects delivering computer hardware for new and existing computer systems* that are embedded in the ASML products? Are you motivated by managing multiple projects and teams that deliver a matching replacement for COTS part that needs to be replaced or delivering the correct specifications for the next generation of control system and internal network for the ASML product? Do you have minimal 2 years of working experience as a project leader in this area? We want to speak with you!
* Computers, computer racks/cabinets, processor boards, storage solutions, thin clients, network switches and input devices such as keyboard, mouse and touchscreens.
The project leader Computing Platform Designer is responsible for the following:
- Set up and maintain a work breakdown and planning, including staffing and budget
- Define deliverables of engineers, including coaching
- Execute the project plan, report on it, and pro-actively align it with the Product Development Manager, operational sectors, and suppliers
- Drive timely delivery of the technical implementation of choices
- Secure the quality of the deliverables
- Manage the outsourcing of development activities to co-developers
- Manage the deliveries from suppliers
- Drive the identification of bottlenecks by the team, prioritize them and implement recovery actions
- Drive the identification and implementation of improvement opportunities in the team
- Set up a project organization and assist the Group Manager in appraisals, recruitment, and farm-out
- Managing multiple smaller projects with total scope of 15-20 people.
Bachelor- or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, “Technische Computer Kunde”, or equivalent.
- Minimal 2 years as project leader in an industrial and technical environment, minimal 7 years of relevant work experience in the area of embedded computer systems
- Knowledge and experience in the field of computer hardware, networks and storage
- Experience in electronic / electrical design in general, experience with interfacing with software teams (experience with SAFE is pre)
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills
- Initiative and pro-active
- Leadership; Ability to give direction to a team
- Accurate and problem-solving
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness; Pragmatic attitude
- Personal authority
- Drive and ownership
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products. Within EDEV the group Computer Systems Electronics (CSE) is responsible for the computer system architecture (distribution, servers, storage, control boards, thin client, smart screens, network architecture and components). The project leader will report to the group leader Computer Systems Electronics (CSE)