14 days ago - req11003
Analyst for Wafer Tables
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise? To be part of the state-of-the-art technology innovation and multiple engineering disciplines? If so, then a job in Mechanical analysis group at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career!
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML lithography systems. The cluster Mechanical Development is designing, building and analyzing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The group Wafer Tables and Clamps Analysis is responsible for general mechanical analysis of the Wafer Tables and Clamps.
In this position, you are responsible for understanding and optimizing several performance aspects of these critical modules. The Wafer Tables and Clamps are crucial to make lithography happen against the ever demanding specs on overlay, focus, and throughput while ensuring high availability.
You are part of a team of mechanical analysts working on developing, analyzing, qualifying and improving the Wafer Tables and Clamps and their interactions with wafers to meet the system specifications and operational requirements.
You will be supporting the involved project(s), your main responsibilities will vary at the different phases of development and can include:
- Qualifying several performance aspects of the Wafer Tables and Clamps.
- Investigation of complex mechanical issues (by testing, calculations and data analysis), some of which are at the nm scale.
- Creation and validation of new concepts and application of design principles.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
Based on your findings and the discussions in the team, design improvements can be suggested.
Masters or PhD in:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Physics or Mechatronics with mechanical background.
- Solid theoretical and experimental experience in the field of mechanical engineering.
- Good MATLAB knowledge as main data analysis software is required.
- Experience in one or more of the following, by order of importance, is preferred:
Finite element method (FEM), Precision engineering, Tribology.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Creativity in defining and executing tests.
- Highly proactive with good communication skills.
- Fluent in English.
Context of the position
The Mechanical Analysts reports to the Group Leader as well as the Project leader.