30+ days ago - req11079
IT Platform Architect
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
In this role you are responsible for defining and maintaining the technology architecture for tooling, monitoring and orchestration architecture. To achieve this you will be in contact with a wide range of stakeholders as listed below:
The lead infra architect:
- Coordination with overall enterprise & infrastructure strategyincluding roadmaps
- Adherence to enterprise architecture governance
- Escalations on any design issues
- Coach/mentor on IT architecture
The team manager:
- Resource planning
- Coach on general development
Vendors and suppliers:
- Analyze technology and solution trends
- Discuss technology lifecycle management
- Analyze current technology shortcomings
Project/program managers/Product Owners:
- Analyze, design, review and/or approve solution designs during projects
- Supervise implementations of solutions during projects - in accordance with design
- Analyze current service incidents/problemscheck for structural technology improvements
- Guard lifecycle management
- Verify if architecture meets service level requirements
The role has a matrix reporting line:
- The role reports directly to the team manager of the tooling and processes department.
- Functionally the role reports to the lead infrastructure architect.
- Define platform standards and future state for tooling, monitoring & orchestration services
- Creation and maintenance of guidelines, reference architectures, guiding principles and solution building blocks
- Creation and maintenance of technology roadmaps
- Research, cost-justify and drive technological improvements through position papers
- Cooperate with enterprise architecture to assure overall fit & integration and define target architectures
- Decision owner for architectural decisions
- Identifying the decisions to be taken about the solution
- Advise management to support the decision making process
- Communicating the decisions and their impact to stakeholders
- Supervise design within Programs and DevOps teams
- Review and/or approve technical solutions – assurance of compliance with directives, standards and guidelines
- Ensure that the implementation is in line with design
- Maintenance of design documents within your domain
Bachelor’s/Master degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics
- At least 5 years of relevant IT experience in designing and deploying enterprise level monitoring and orchestration tools
- Proven experience/expert knowledge in one or more of the following:
- IT operations analytics and AIOps technologies such as ServiceNow, Splunk, Dynatrace, Moogsoft, Datadog...
- Event/alert management such as ServiceNow event management
- Dashboarding and reporting such as ServiceNow and Splunk
- Orchestration/automation technologies such as ServiceNow, Runbook, Ansible
- Monitoring technologies such as SCOM, Splunk, Dynatrace APM, Netdialog, ThousandEyes
- General configuration management technologies like ServiceNow CMDB, SCCM, Red Hat Satellite
- Knowledge of and experience with IT architecture methodologies and processes (e.g. TOGAF), service management methods and processes (ITIL) and agile (SCRUM, SAFe)
- Experience with outsourcing of IT services
- Proven track record in road mapping, technical architecture design, solution definition, project management/execution, change/risk management
- Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global service providers.
- Creates context instead of needing context.
- Passionate about driving new technology solutions (change);
- Recognized industry expert with knowledge sharing mentality;
- Good communication and presentation skills (selling the solution);
- Team player with strong leadership skills;
- Strong documentation skills;
- Is able to deliver high quality and value-added advices, based on accurate andobjectiveinterpretationofneeds,oftheinternaland/orexternalstakeholders
- Able to express ideas effectively in individual and groupsituations(includingnon-verbal communication); adjusting language or terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience, and the ability to listen effectively to others and give constructive feedback to others.
- Good customer focus and customer facing skills.
- Able to execute a task in a good manner and with good results with limited supervision.
The best people make ASML what it is today. To attract and retain the best people, we have an extremely comprehensive, competitive employment conditions package: ASML Benefits
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What is working at ASML like? Check this out at www.ASML.com
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.