30+ days ago - req11007
Mechanical Precision Design Engineer with Tribology knowledge
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Optical engineering
Wafer tables and clamps are the mechanical interface between our machine and the wafers that we process. A product that needs to provide a nanometer accurate platform for over a million wafer passes. It requires a complex combination of precision engineering, tribology, materials and high precision manufacturing competences to realize this.
You are the mechanical engineer that develops, tests and introduces these products and related tools. Together with your colleagues, you are responsible for all hardware developments and issue resolution.
- Design precision engineered products that meet the functional and operational requirements.
- Secure the quality and performance of your designs by theoretical and practical verifications.
- Integrate your designs into the machine with your internal customers.
- Design hardware products with the optimal balance of precision engineering, tribology, materials and high precision manufacturing aspects.
- Use your precision engineering skills and ASML processes to minimize risk and deliver reliable and cost effective designs.
- Actively engage suppliers and your internal customers to align their needs.
- Create the technical product documentation and integrate it into our PLM system.
- Qualify the design by contributing to the specification and execution of various tests.
- Design and realize test equipment and appliances.
- Engage in root-cause analysis and solving technicalissues of existing products.
Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering. For international applicants, Master diploma is required.
- Specialized knowledge of precision engineering, technical materials (ceramics), tribology and adhesion technology.
- Over 3 years of experience in the development of precision hardware in an industry environment.
- Knowledge of NX, Teamcenter, geometric tolerancing is required.
- Well-developed analytical ability and a pragmatic attitude.
- Accurate and quality-minded.
- Goal-oriented team player with good communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Fluent in English.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader Mechanics & Industrialization within the department of Wafer Tables, Clamps and Sensors of the Mechanical Development cluster.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology.