Senior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Expert
Research & Development
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Are you the experienced datascientist that can generate actionable insights from Big Data by advancedmodeling?
Are you able to identify, develop and apply the most effective and robust machinelearning approach to analyze complex machine data and apply the results toimprove performance and diagnostics capabilities? Do you consider it part ofyour job to inspire others and share your knowledge with your colleagues, thenread on!
As a Senior Data Scientist you areresponsible for:
- Technical leadership within projects
- Breakdown the challenge into project work items and superviseprogress
- Provide guidance to the (jr) data scientists in how to apply advanced dataanalytics methods dependent on the nature of the challenge, the expectedinsights to be gained, and the quality, density and quantity of available data
- Work closely with domain experts to find and validate causal relations andto interpret predictive models
- Ensure documentation and knowledge sharing at various levels in theorganization
- Safeguard quality output of the data science team
- Competence leadership for data science
- Share your knowledge and insights with colleagues from different disciplines
- Help build a dedicated data science training curriculum together with thegroup lead
- Apply and further develop methodologies and models to help the team find theright approach per challenge type
- Leverage your professional network to accelerate knowledge and skillsbuild-up
You will be working in amulti-disciplinary team of data scientists, physicists, computer scientists,and engineers to uncover causal relationships between equipment parameters andsystem performance. Implement (un-)supervised machine learning models on thehigh-dimensional feature space of the most advanced microlithography machinesaround the globe, for which you can leverage a high-performance computercluster that ranks in the top 100 of the world.
PhD in Machine Learning, DataScience, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or related
- Proven track record with >5years of experience in Advanced Data Analytics and/or Statistical MachineLearning on structured and unstructured data, preferably in the high-techsector
- Advanced skills and knowledge in Statistical Modeling and Predictive Modeling,excellent coding skills using state-of-the-art machine learning libraries (e.g.Python/R)
- Hands-on experience with large-scale computing and machine learningmodel deployment in production-
- Experience or affinity with finding causality in signals, developingpredictive models, capturing uncertainty in models, interactive visualizationand user interaction
- Innovation mindset, capable ofproviding creative and good quality (robust and effective) solutions
Context of the position
- Within ASML, the sectorDevelopment & Engineering is responsible for the development, specificationand design of new ASML products.
- Within Development & Engineering, the CSI department delivers andadvances state-of-the- art methods and techniques for the structural improvementof the performance and quality of scanner components.
- The holder of this position reports to the manager of CSI Data Science &Engineering group.