30+ days ago - req11044
Senior Data Scientist / Machine Learning Expert
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you the experienced data scientist that can generate actionable insights from Big Data by advanced modeling?
Are you able to identify, develop and apply the most effective and robust machine learning approach to analyze complex machine data and apply the results to improve performance and diagnostics capabilities? Do you consider it part of your job to inspire others and share your knowledge with your colleagues, then read on!
As a Senior Data Scientist you are responsible for:
- Technical leadership within projects
- Breakdown the challenge into project work items and supervise progress
- Provide guidance to the (jr) data scientists in how to apply advanced data analytics methods dependent on the nature of the challenge, the expected insights to be gained, and the quality, density and quantity of available data
- Work closely with domain experts to find and validate causal relations and to interpret predictive models
- Ensure documentation and knowledge sharing at various levels in the organization
- Safeguard quality output of the data science team
- Competence leadership for data science
- Share your knowledge and insights with colleagues from different disciplines
- Help build a dedicated data science training curriculum together with the group lead
- Apply and further develop methodologies and models to help the team find the right approach per challenge type
- Leverage your professional network to accelerate knowledge and skills build-up
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, physicists, computer scientists, and engineers to uncover causal relationships between equipment parameters and system performance. Implement (un-)supervised machine learning models on the high-dimensional feature space of the most advanced microlithography machines around the globe, for which you can leverage a high-performance computer cluster that ranks in the top 100 of the world.
PhD in Machine Learning, Data Science, Applied Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics or related
- Proven track record with >5 years of experience in Advanced Data Analytics and/or Statistical Machine Learning on structured and unstructured data, preferably in the high-tech sector
- Advanced skills and knowledge in Statistical Modeling and Predictive Modeling, excellent coding skills using state-of-the-art machine learning libraries (e.g. Python/R)
- Hands-on experience with large-scale computing and machine learning model deployment in production-
- Experience or affinity with finding causality in signals, developing predictive models, capturing uncertainty in models, interactive visualization and user interaction
- Innovation mindset, capable of providing creative and good quality (robust and effective) solutions
Context of the position
- Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the development, specification and design of new ASML products.
- Within Development & Engineering, the CSI department delivers and advances state-of-the- art methods and techniques for the structural improvement of the performance and quality of scanner components.
- The holder of this position reports to the manager of CSI Data Science & Engineering group.