24 days ago - req11150
Electronic Design Engineer - FPGA
Research & Development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & Development
Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science, technology and engineering to develop lithography systems that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient semiconductor products. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and has 18 office locations around the United States. We are currently hiring for senior level FPGA Design engineering positions for our San Diego, CA location.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Contribute to the specification, design, implementation and validation of FPGAs within highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems. Participate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create FPGA designs and associated engineering documentation. Design, implement and test new FPGA features while using robust methodologies defined as a part of the design process. Work with advanced technologies including digital communication (PCIe, 1G+ Ethernet,EtherCAT, etc), photo-detectors, signal acquisition, and distributed high precision timestamping. Assist cross-functional teams with the integration of the FPGA designs into the system environment.
BSEE required, MSEE preferred
- 6+ years experience in electronic design, with hands-on experience in requirements specification, detailed design, design validation and qualification
- Deep knowledge of digital design fundamentals
- Strong competence of FPGA tooling including synthesis, building, timing analysis and simulation
- Experienced with architecting and coding FPGAs using VHDL, SystemVerilog proficiency a plus for verification
- Hands-on experience with board, module and system level electronic troubleshooting , includingexperience with engineering test equipment such as logic analyzers and bus analyzers
- Bash/perl/python scripting a big plus for verification, validation and process automation.
- Knowledge of Makefile a plus, familiarity with Linux/Unix OS is needed
- Knowledge of change management and revision control tools such as SVN or Git will be a plus
- Strong communication skills including ability to author technical specifications, and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work in a process driven environment, with a structured problem solving approach
- Create FPGA requirement specifications from contributing flow down documents.
- Generate test specifications to track and ensure functional specifications are fully met
- Ability to work independently as well as communicate and work well within the FPGA team
- Interact with other design groups such as software to facilitate the design integration effort
- Apply use of best design practices with a strong bias of what it takes to deliver highly reliable designs
- Own quality of all assigned deliverables
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE