10 days ago - req11147
Head of US Communications
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
For a company built on technology leadership, attracting and retaining talented people is business critical. ASML’s Communications team contributes to achieving this goal by building the company’s reputation and employer brand, communicating its strategy and achievements, and fostering employee engagement, pride and connectedness.
Job DescriptionThe U.S. Communications team was formed in 2018 with the ambition to maximize the value provided to ASML’s U.S. business, through integrated communications that span internal communications, PR/media relations, employer branding and recruitment marketing.
The distance to ASML’s headquarters poses unique challenges and opportunities. It requires an empowered team, which in turn requires high competence in all aspects of communications and a deep understanding of ASML’s business, culture, priorities and organization, to be able to prioritize and make good decisions without constantly consulting the headquarters team. The small size of the U.S. team and relatively smaller size of ASML’s locations in the U.S. also provide the opportunity for innovation and experimentation.
The Head of U.S. Communications will ensure the team continues to develop its competence, stays focused on high-value activities, and delivers high-quality communications initiatives that are aligned with the needs of the business. In addition, the complexity of ASML’s U.S. organization requires the ability to manage a large set of stakeholders. Since the team is still young in its current configuration, it continues to need an experienced coach and team builder.
- Master’s degree orequivalent experience
- Science/technologybackground a plus
- 10-15 years of relevantexperience
- Strategy and business understanding: Can explain corporate strategy and business impact, including business financials. Knows industry trends. Critically and logically evaluates costs, risks, benefits and alternatives before making decisions. Anticipates important global trends that may impact business plans or communications.
- Technology understanding: Familiar with industry trends, technology of our customers. Can explain the principles of lithography to a general audience. Interpret complex technology, grasp first principles, and help improve key messages (for self and others).
- Critical thinking and analytical skills: Assesses multiple variabilities and interdependencies. Identifies key problem drivers. Anticipates opportunities and challenges, coaches others and proactively advises management.
- Consultation capabilities: Valued communications coach and advisor for leaders. Expert at adapting communication style to preference of audience.
- Focus on delivering value: Shapes function to focus on outcomes-based communications and results. Manages and develops team (incl. budget). Expertise in influencing business strategies, ensuring alignment and impact of the strategic communication plan. Provides sustainable business solutions for an unclear demand. Aligns the organizational structure to support results focus. Can teach others how to build and use a strategic communication plan.
- Stakeholder management: Manages multiple stakeholders. Identifies cross-sectoral opportunities and makes it happen. Can independently find a way out of ambiguous situations.
- Initiative, entrepreneurship, vision: Actively influences stakeholders and brings up and defends initiatives to improve business success.
- Leadership skills: Leads internal projects and ensures accountability. Understands team dynamics and each other’s strengths and weaknesses. Sets clear goals for team and ensures responsibility. Actively improves team’s knowledge and skills. Delegates job but accountable for team’s success. Deals with resistance and under-performance. Coaches and mentors.
Context of the position
You will be part of ASML’s global communications management team and report to the Vice President Communications. You may occasionally be required to travel to other ASML locations, notably other U.S. sites and the headquarters in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
To be completed