30+ days ago - req11194
Senior Data Product Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Hermes Microvision, Inc. (HMI), an ASML company, is a leading supplier of advanced E-beam inspection and pattern verification systems used for advanced semiconductor devices. HMI has multiple years of e-beam application experience and leadership in semiconductor factories, focused on high resolution and voltage contrast imaging. As part of ASML, HMI will boost ASML’s holistic lithographic portfolio of (i) lithography exposure systems, (ii) computational lithography and (iii) metrology. Between these three cornerstones ASML offers application products for process window enhancement, control and detection. We are located in the heart of San Jose and growing!
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. At our San Diego location we are renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology
Pattern Fidelity Metrology (PFM) extends e-beam technology through the combined use of wafer metrology data and computational models of the semiconductor manufacturing process.The technology is used to find pattern defects in sub 10nm node semiconductor devices.PFM enables the prediction and reduction of defects, as well as yield improvement through the combined use of ASML models, metrology data, and scanner control.
This position reports to HMI/ASML’s product engineering manager and work with the team to solve the challenges associated with finding critical defects at the 10-nm node and below.
We are seeking candidates to join a team of engineers to conduct exploratory data analysis to gain deep understanding of the challenges from mathematical, physical and business perspective.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand existing product features and data flow, dive into the underlying data, apply relevant engineering or statistical methods, and document and communicate results to the functional development team.
- Demonstrate and prototype methodology and algorithms to enable product development, as well as development of best practices for standard or customized applications.
- Design experiments and organize data from varied sources with the aim of generating actionable insights, including machine learning or statistics-based algorithms for prediction and optimization.
- Influence progress of relevant product development and provide expertise to development teams when needed, and thinking strategically about applications, gaps and technical-business tradeoffs.
- MS. Or Ph.D. in a scientific or quantitative discipline
- Knowledge of data analysis techniques (probability, statistics, machine learning) with strong analytical skills. Ability to solve problems with a creative blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills.
- Solid data-oriented scripting and statistical programming, with experience in data exploration, manipulation and cleaning
- Working knowledge of IC manufacturing, semiconductor process technology, and related fields
- Effective visualization, and oral and written communication skills
- Must able to work independently and also effectively as a member of a team.
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in semiconductor environment with a strong emphasis on lithography, defect inspection, electron-based metrology, data analysis, or semiconductor processing.
- Experience programming in Python or Matlab preferred
- Knowledge with machine learning techniques such as regression and classification, cluster analysis, and related optimization algorithms.
- Experience developing new methodologies and algorithms for product design
- Knowledge of optical physics and imaging and semiconductor process technology