11 days ago - req11215
Development Architect Wafer Defectivity EUV
Research & Development
Chemistry & Material science
In a nutshell
Research & Development
Chemistry & Material science, Physics, Mechanical engineering
Our challenge is to develop, integrate and qualify the EUV systems according to customer specifications, and deliver within time and budget. The Defectivity department is part of the sector Development & Engineering. Do you enjoy using your creativity to the develop a complex system? Do you like solving multi-disciplinary problems? Do you like teamwork, sharing your vision, and interacting and working together with many different disciplines? If so you will enjoy ASML – it will be a great opportunity for your professional development and personal growth.
The group EUV Defectivity Wafer is responsible for optimizing the system’s performance by providing the means and methods to prevent, detect, analyze, predict, control and eliminate particle contamination sources in the scanner. Furthermore, the group must ensure that the designs of the tools and systems are industrializable.
The particle contamination control engineer must be able to collect and process system and test data, as well as the required system configuration data, to monitor system performance, to early identify issues, and to pin-point issue areas or areas of improvement, as well as create and explore proposals for developments and improvements. In order to be able to do so, the engineer must have, or be able to learn, thorough system and module knowledge.
Development Architect of Wafer Defectivity EUV needs combined knowledge of particle generation processes (materials, coatings, vacuum), particle transport processes (gas flows, inertia) and particle deposition processes (adhesion, bonding). There will be a great challenge to force design changes and design optimizations into work packages and support their execution by the required projects. A combination of these skills will result in the ability of the engineer to drive and support the improvement of the system’s performance and system issue solving, and with this the engineer will make a valuable contributions to our projects and customers.
Masters degree in Physics, Mechanical or Chemical engineering.
- Has at least 5 years of industrialexperience in multi-disciplinary projects.
- Can workin a mix of troubleshooting a complex system in parallel with runninginvestigations to make it perform better (hands-on combined with analyticalwork).
- Isfamiliar with “contamination control”, preferably within ASML.
- Affinitywith materials analysis is a pre.
- Has experience with customer contact.
- Stronganalytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Curious,willing to learn new things.
- Can filterroot-causes out of complex datasets, and explain it to the other engineersin the team.
- Can workindependently in a dynamic, explorative environment, as well as in a team.
- Highlycommitted and flexible (sometimes working outside office hours, changingrequirements and boundary conditions).
- Robustpersonality is a must.
Context of the position
The holder of the position reports to the group leader EUV Defectivity Wafer and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
- Willing totravel, several times per year (USA, Asia).