7 days ago - req11333
Computer systems hardware designer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering
IntroductionAre you challenged by the hardware for new and existing computer systems that are embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a Bachelor- or Masters Degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and affinity with the design of embedded computer hardware? Let's get in touch.
Job MissionWe are developing computer systems to serve the computational needs in our machines. Think of knowledge regarding: servers, hosts, networks, operating systems, data-interfaces, storage, embedded platforms and user interfaces (displays). Developing the right computer system architecture is our main responsibility. We use standardized computer system, off-the-shelve, equipment to built our architectures.
Job DescriptionParticipate as an Electronic Development (EDEV) representative in a multidisciplinary design team:
- Define, document and maintain requirements of various computer systems electronics products
- Participate in the design and realization of computer systems electronics products
- Contribute to Computer Systems roadmap by managing the used building-blocks based on knowledge of existing Commercially Of The Shelf (COTS) solutions and industry standards
- Define, document and execute tests to ensure that computer systems electronics products satisfy the requirements
- Solve problems and/or manage problem resolution during 1st product integration
- Manage outsourcing of computer systems electronics related modules
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers
- Support production and service as an expert (4th line support)
- Interface with software designers, but you will NOT write software yourself.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, “Technische Computer Kunde”, Elektronica-ICT or equivalent.
- 5 years of experience and affinity with designing embedded computer systems
- Knowledge of- and experience with: definition and realization of multi-processor computer systems and networks in a real-time/embedded environment
- Broad technical knowledge of: computer hardware, operating systems, networks and storage.
- High motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving
- Pragmatic attitude
- Take ownership in case of issues
- Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory)
Context of the positionThe sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products.Within EDEV the group Computer Systems Electronics (CSE) is responsible for the computer system architecture (distribution, servers, storage, control boards, thin client, smart screens, network architecture and components).The Designer will report to the group leader Computer Systems Electronics (CSE).
Other informationASML creates the conditionsthat enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-artfacilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international careeropportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitmentof a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQOur selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathersinformation about your key drivers, your personal Requisition locals, motivators and careerambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if thereis a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position toyour application.We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.You can apply for this job using below button: “Apply for this job”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.