13 days ago - req11329
Electrical computer buy in engineer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Electrical engineering
IntroductionAre you challenged by the hardware for new and existing computer systems that are embedded in the ASML products? Do you have a bachelor- or masters degree in Computer Sciences, Electrical Engineering or equivalent and affinity with the design of embedded computer hardware? We arelooking for you!
Are you challenged by the architecture and associated hardware for new and existing computer systems* that are embedded in the ASML products? Are you motivated to find a matching replacement for commercially off the shelf part that needs to be replaced? Are you able to get the correct specifications for the next generation of control system and internal network for the ASML product? Do you have minimal 5 years of working experience in this area? We want to speak with you!
*Computers, computer racks/cabinets, processor boards, storage solutions, thin clients, network switches and input devices such as keyboard, mouse and touchscreens.
The Computing Platform Designer is responsible for the following:
- Participate as an Electronic Development (EDEV) representative in a multidisciplinary design team;
- Define, document and maintain requirements of various computer systems electronics products;
- Participate in the design and realization of computer systems electronics products;
- Contribute to computer systems roadmap by managing the used building-blocks based on knowledge of existing Commercially Off The Shelf (COTS) solutions and industry standards;
- Define, document and execute tests to ensure that computer systems electronics products satisfy the requirements;
- Solve problems and/or manage problem resolution during 1st product integration;
- Manage outsourcing of computer systems electronics related modules;
- Transfer knowledge to production and service engineers;
- Support production and service as an expert (4th line support);
- Interface with software designers, but you will NOT write software yourself.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Sciences, Technische Computer Kunde, Elektronica-ICT or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience and affinity with designing embedded computer systems;
- Knowledge of and experience with: definition and realization of multi-processor computer systems and networks in a real-time/embedded environment;
- Broad technical knowledge of: computer hardware, operating systems, networks and storage.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social- and communication skills;
- Ability to give technical direction in a team of designers;
- Accuracy, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving;
- Pragmatic attitude;
- Takes ownership in case of issues;
- Fluent verbal and written English (Dutch is convenient but not mandatory)
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of all electronic functions and modules within these products. Within EDEV the group Computer Systems Electronics (CSE) is responsible for the computer system architecture (distribution, servers, storage, control boards, thin client, smart screens, network architecture and components).
The Designer will report to the group leader Computer Systems Electronics (CSE).
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
What is working at ASML like? Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXpAMguP-vQ
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.