30+ days ago - req11326
Lead Engineer Opto Mechanical Design
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise and to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation?
If so, then a job of Lead Engineer Opto Mechanical Design at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
Take the lead in the mechanical development, qualification and integration of a sub module according to agreed requirements, taking design principles for precision mechanics and opto-mechanics into account.
- Working on the design of one or more developments or issues, creating designs with a small team of mechanical experts in project setting.
- Continuously improving quality of mechanical designs.
- Specifies and designs modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems.
- Working together with the architect, cross sector lead engineers, team lead and (junior) designers, to enable reliable, stable, safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service systems.
- Is concerned with the application mechanical construction principles.
- Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
- Designs and realizes test equipment and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tests are carried out.
- Is responsible for the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field service.
- The Lead Engineer reports to the team leader and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical Engineering. A degree in Mechatronics or Electro-Mechanics could also be interesting.
- At least 7 years of relevant working experience.
- NX experience is a pre, 3D CAD experience is a must.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
- Experience in design of precision mechanics with knowledge of design principles.
- Experience in design of opto-mechanical constructions.
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive his/her own development.
- Fluent in English, eager to learn Dutch.
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Work together in multidisciplinary, multi-nationality teams.
- Individual performance & talent management.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products.
The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
If you're motivated to apply for this position - please include a recent and complete CV, cover letter, and if possible, your (design) portfolio when applying. After applying - Recruitment makes a first assessment of your suitability for the job, if positive - your application will be put up for review to the manager(s), if positive - you will be invited for interviews where the goal for both sides is to figure out if there's a good foundation to work together. Our selection process includes an online talent exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The talent exploration enables both you and us to find out if there’s a match – not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.