6 days ago - req11311
Test Bench Lead (Hardware/Software)
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
We are looking for engineers who have a passion for testing software for a distributed control system.Join Cymer/ASML and you will be joining a team that operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.
We are looking fora Test Bench Lead who has a passion for hardware simulation and testing software for a distributed control system.Join Cymer/ASML and you will be joining a team that operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
You will lead a small team of test bench engineers, supporting software test engineers by ensuring test benches are up and configured for software test needs. You will build, upgrade and maintain a fleet of benches for software integration and development teams. You will determine the best approach to ensure that the benches are configured efficiently. You will be able to suggest simulation solutions where applicable. You will track and order parts for benches, managing the Bill of Materials for various configurations. You will plan and maintain the test bench upgrade schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to manage small teams
- Prioritize test bench upgrades and bench issue solutions
- Maintain Bill of Materials for test bench parts list
- Develop test bench roadmap to allow delivery of fully tested and high quality software sub-systems for all EUV projects
- Work on automated tests that support various levels of testing of the product software – smoke, functional, regression and validation tests
- Determine means and then develop enhanced capability in testing environment that allows issues to be found during testing in a simulated/emulated environment rather than testing on the actual product
- Participate as needed, in software requirements, architecture and design reviews to provide testability input and to derive complex test scenarios
- Ability to trace hardware and network connectivity issues, and use basic tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and pulse generators
- Participates in the screening and selection of team members and in the mentoring ofnew team members.
- Work to meet the documented goals in the areas of test coverage and test effectiveness
- Develop software simulation for automated software test.
- Requires Minimum of BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or other related Eng/Science fields.MS in relevant field is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years in technical role
- Experience in leadership or test architecture for a complex multi-processor distributed control system, with demonstrated experience and skills to match the duties and responsibilities for this role.
- Strong Python knowledge, Object Oriented Design principles and Test development for a complex distributed control system that has embedded and non-embedded elements.
- Ability to develop automated tests, test strategy, test cases and test plans to allow delivery offully tested and high quality controls and software for the distributed sub-systems and system as a whole
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical concepts.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Capability to use electrical measurement equipment i.e.: Voltmeters, function generators, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscope
- Familiar with networking communications i.e.: managed/unmanaged network switches, firewalls, VLAN
- Ability to handle aggressive deadlines with agility and results driven approach
- Hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems (Outlook).
- Strong Project leadership skills.
- Ability to follow a Software Development Process that includes elements of planning, estimation, gathering and analyzing requirements, developing concepts and designs, implementation, developing and executing test plans’ and engaging in work product reviews.
- Ability to interact effectively with other team members as well as individuals in other disciplines and organizations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Some travel required
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to be on call and work hours as required to solve problems that arise with internal and external customers.External customers could be outside the US.
- The environment requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) and/or working in a manufacturing clean room environment from time to time.