30+ days ago - req11501
CS - HMI Field Application Engineer - Hsinchu
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
IntroductionAre you ready to be the key counterpart of responsiblefor service spare parts demand? Hermes Microvision Inc. (HMI), an ASMLcompany, has been committed to the research and development of the mostadvanced E-beam Inspection (EBI) tools and solutions for the leadingsemiconductor manufacturing fabs.
Support customer routine cases and projects of e-beam defect inspection and metrology at customer sites. The holder of this position reports to the 1st line APPS leader and provides indirect and direct support to customers, and direct escalation and competency support to operations.
Your main responsibilities:
- Provide technical support / recipe setup at customer sites.
- Troubleshoots recipe / equipment problems.
- Complete on-site diagnostics and service calls.
- Responds to emergency service calls as required.
- Instructs customer operating technicians on system operation and maintenance.
- Help the sales department with customers needing help or advice in applying the company’s products.
BS engineering degree or equivalent experience. Masters Degree a plus.
- Engineers with greater than 2 years’ experience in aCS support department for high tech products.
- Engineers with at least 1 years of semiconductor industry experiencepreferred.
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensuresescalations take place.
- Take proactive action for prevention or repeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly independentin a shift position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track equipmentperformance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible way.
- Previous experience mentoring new hire engineers & helping integratefrom a technical and procedural perspective.
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace environment.
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under different workingenvironment pressures.
- Excellent customer interface skills is required.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of differentcultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong customer focus.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that mustbe met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of thisjob. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is requiredto sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel;stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean roomenvironment.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with othersencountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.