25 days ago - req11564
Electronic Design Engineer - Entry level
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering, Electrical engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Own design, implementation and validation of highly reliable electronics for ASML's EUV systems. Participate in cross-functional teams and work with multiple engineering groups to outline and create electronic systems, validation plans and test infrastructure. Contribute to technical roadmap planning, promote innovation and incorporate relevant new technologies and methodologies into the design and integration processes.
- Design electrical and electronic components to meet the overall system specifications, costs and schedule. Partner with other disciplines and suppliers to ensure the timely realization of reliable and serviceable products. Participate in the definition of system specifications
- Select right hardware architecture to facilitate the efficient implementation of required functionality within a complex high-precision system with multiple interdependencies
- Participate in the adoption of best design practices and in realization of state-of-the-art hardware architectures and design methods
BSEE required, MSEE a plus
- Background in electronic design;hands-on experience in design, component evaluation and selection, design validation and qualification will be a plus
- Deep knowledge of digital and analog circuit design fundamentals
- Hands-on experience with board, module and system level electronic troubleshooting , including experience with engineering test equipment such as logic analyzers and bus analyzers
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling and connectivity, EMC, electronic safety and other system-level concepts a plus
- Hands-on experience with schematic capture and simulation tools preferred
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills including ability to author technical specifications, status reports, business correspondence and procedures; strong presentation skills
- A structured problem solving approach
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(K), and FSAs.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE