27 days ago - req11517
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The EUV source team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML. The optics group is responsible for the design, development and engineering release of optical, opto-mechanical, laser, imaging or metrology modules used in the generation, delivery, monitoring or control of EUV light. The design of these modules is demanding typically in terms of their laser power, illumination uniformity, imaging resolution, polarization control, precision mounting, high stability, compactness and reliability requirements.
The Optical Engineer (Entry level) will;
- Serve as a technical expert for one or more optical subsystems, capable of independent decision making for critical technical issues
- Apply broad knowledge in lasers, imaging optics, polarization management and optical and/or mechanical design software, and data analysis tools to develop or improve optical sub-system modules
- Take direction from senior engineers in application of optical and opto-mechanical design principles and to proceed with minimal oversight and direction to demanding project schedules
- Participates in integration activates including trouble-shooting, designing and executing test plans, installation of hardware to ensure modules function as designed
- Characterization of optical components (lasers, lenses, cameras, polarization control, optical mounts, active optics including EOM and AOM) in a laboratory environment
- Assist in the root cause analysis for optical module failures in products for integration and fielded units during customer escalations
- Documents work results with system requirements, design specifications, procedures, and training materials
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explain technical issues and ideas to peers and management
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics, with an emphasis in lasers, optics or opto-mechanics
- ME/MSc in optical or opto-mechanical engineering highly regarded
- Lasers and laser systems design, laser scanning, illumination system design, optical imaging, infra-red applications, polarization, radiometry, precision mounting, opto-mechanical analysis, high stability and project management undergraduate or postgraduate courses will be highly regarded
- Introductory experience with optical design software (Zemax, CodeV) and/or 3D CAD software (NX, Zemax) an advantage
- Lab-based data acquisition and analysis software (Labview, Matlab) an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Candidate needs to be able interact comfortably and effectively with all levels of management.
- Must have the ability to adapt quickly and thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Must be proficient with Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Effective communication, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, and team oriented
Context of the position
Design, develop and fabricate new solutions to ensure optimal design approach. Analyze, support and troubleshoot opto-mechanical production problems and solutions.