21 days ago - req11521
Sr. Quality Engineer
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionASML San Diego is looking for talented and motivated engineers to come be part of enabling tomorrows technology thru today’s advances in EUV photo lithography, the most technology critical process of semiconductor manufacturing.
The Quality Engineer will ensure “Voice of the Customer” requirements are met during the manufacturing phase and provide customer quality oversite after product has been installed to achieve customer satisfaction.
The Quality Engineer in EUV is responsible to plan and execute customer quality and process improvement initiatives, including monitoring customer satisfaction metrics, coordination of root cause analysis and Corrective/Preventive action, and supporting customer audits and reporting, ensuring throughout the process that “Voice of the Customer” requirements are met.
- Evaluates results and trends of product performance to customer standards.
- Represents Quality in Failure Analysis review meetings.
- Participates in review meetings with internal and external customers.
- Supports customer audits to evaluate the effectiveness of the quality management system.
- Verifies implementation of actions derived from customer audits.
- Follows-up progress of Customer Quality Notifications (customer complaints) from creation to closure.
- Determines gaps in process activities or product design leading to poor product performance.
- Develops metrics to measure customer quality performance.
Identifies data sources and develops metric reporting capability.
- Supports Design Owners, Subject Matter Experts, and Process Improvement experts in driving process improvements to meet customer requirements.
- Evaluates adherence of the business processes related to Operations and Design Engineering.
- Leads and/or participates as a member of cross-functional and cross-site teams.
- Develop and improve processes using LEAN/Six Sigma principals.
- Collects issues identified by technicians to define improvement areas. Utilizes structured problem solving for root cause analysis, corrective actions, and solution implementation.
- Creates quality reports to measure and monitor internal and external customer satisfaction performance.
- Supports diagramming and evaluating existing processes and executes process improvement projects.
- Analyzes metrics for product and process measurement and identification of future improvement opportunities.
- Collects data to help identify root cause of problems and plan solutions.
- Creates corrective actions reports and presentations as requested.
- Participate in design and process FMEA.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 (eight) years of applicable experience.
- Experience with quality reporting and analytics.
- Ability to facilitate and lead review meetings with cross functional teams.
- Experience in the application of Statistical Process Control, Regression analysis, Design of Experiments, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis, Measuring System Analysis and Control Plans implementation.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Understanding of process flow diagraming and documentation.
- Ability to use creative and innovative problem diagnosis and solving techniques that will produce performance improvements.
- Ability to apply process thinking, process design and process improvement methodologies to generate significant measurable benefits (including in depth root cause analysis).
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Experience in executing improvement projects with LEAN Manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule.
- Data driven decision maker, good negotiation skills, positive attitude.
- Data mining experience is a plus.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification is a plus.
Must be comfortable with a rapidly changing work environment, Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills, Customer focused and commitment to excellence, Stake holder management, Motivated and enthusiastic team player.
Context of the position
Ensures that ASML engineering and manufacturing processes are performed correctly using the right tools, materials and processes. Actively involved in managing ASML quality standards and testing processes.