24 days ago - req11615
Controls Engineer - Entry level
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Physics
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
The EUV source team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML.The Controls Department is responsible for the development and engineering of the control loops for the laser system.The complexity of the EUV source puts exciting and challenging demands on the Control Engineers who will be engaged in all phases of the control systemdevelopment and integration involving high speed electronics, real-time embedded software, precision metrology and sophisticated control algorithms, all working under extremely challenging dynamic conditions to produce stable EUV light.
- Serve as a technical expert for one or more control subsystems, capable of independent decision making for critical technical issues.
- Leads and mentors junior controls engineers, leads the development and integration of innovative control system solutions to enable stable and efficient production of EUV.
- Applies broad knowledge in sensors, actuators, control algorithms, automation, software, and data analysis tools to drive control system improvements to enable continuously increased EUV power and system availability.
- Leads the design and building of tools that allow debugging, analysis, and performance evaluation of control system performance.Leads the root cause analysis for control system failures in products for integration and fielded units during escalations.
- Leads and performs integration activates including trouble shooting the control system, designing and executing test plans, to ensure the system functions as designed in the EUV light source.
- Documents work results with system requirements, design specifications, procedures, and training materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, capable of clearly explain technical issues and ideas to peers and management.
- Requires minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Physics.
- MSc/PhD in Controls highly regarded
- Specialization in control systems preferred
- Linear systems, feedback control, signal processing, estimation and system identification and non-linear systems undergraduate or postgraduate courses will be highly regarded.
- Feedback control.
- Control system design
- Building and troubleshooting real-life controllers.