13 days ago - req11642
EUV Test Engineer - Entry level
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
One Company, One Goal, Limitless Innovation. It's our people that make the difference.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
We are seeking Test Engineers to join our EUV System Test and Integration group. You will be part of an interdisciplinary team that tests and integrates our EUV systems for Development and Engineering. Our EUV light source consists of an intricate network of process gases, high power lasers, optics, electronics, mechatronics, and control systems.In this hands-on position you will have the opportunity to work with all of these components and become a system expert. You will be the key to building a better product though testing, issue identification and resolution, and finding potential improvements.
- Performs tests, integration, R&D, upgrades, and qualification of EUV systems and their components.
- Aligns and maintains sensitive optics and high power lasers.
- Uses advanced HW and SW to operate, diagnose, and characterize functionality and performance.
- Gathers, correlates, interprets, and presents data.
- Solves problems through troubleshooting and leveraging available resources.
- Captures and drives the resolution of issues to ensure a quality product.
- Drives the improvement of procedures and processes.
- Works with stakeholders from different departments and builds a strong communication network.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment.
- May be assigned to work non-day shifts or travel to customer sites to provide support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineeringor Physics.
- Previous experience strongly preferred. Exceptional recent college graduates considered.
- Strong engineering, technical, and physics fundamentals.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Self-motivated, inquisitive, and resourceful.
- Ability to make decisions based on benefit, risk, time constraints, and opportunity.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, while staying organized and detailed oriented.
- Experience with electronics, gas and vacuum, mechanical systems, lasers, optics, and controls.
- Experience using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, and power meters.
- Experience using tools such as calipers, torque wrenches, and hoists.
- Experience with LabView, Python, or MATLAB.
- Knowledge of the semiconductor industry.