14 days ago - req11698
LabVIEW test engineer for electrostatic wafer clamping
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering
Are you our new skilled and creative brain who goes the extra mile to solve challenging technical puzzles related to our clamp qualification and test equipment? If so, we are looking for you!
As a test engineer in the EUV wafer clamping group you will be part of our electrostatics team. Within this team, very specialized test equipment is maintained, improved and developed. With these experimental test setups we improve our understanding of how clamps truly work and we can qualify new designs. These setups are complex, state-of-the-art vacuum test setups packed with intelligent sensors and mechatronic systems to measure crucial characteristics of our wafer clamps.
Your in depth knowledge on vacuum hardware technology and software that controls this hardware together with your drive to continuously improve makes you an indispensable player in our team.
As a test engineer for electrostatic wafer clamping you :
- Interact with a team of 5-10 professionals in the field of Physics and Electronics.
- Are responsible for maintenance and calibration of our test equipment.
- Continuously look for hardware and software improvements for our existing test equipment.
- Develop test scripts and software for new test equipment in LabVIEW and Python.
- Are responsible for building required test equipment and methodologies that help to create design guidelines in the feasibility phases of new products.
- Interface with external suppliers that contribute to our test equipment.
- Coach others how to use test equipment and maintain user manuals.
- Make sure our cleanroom facilities are structured and organized using 5S methodology.
Bachelor or Master in Electronics, Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Optics or Biomedical Engineering.
- Over 5 years of work experience in a fundamental and experimental research and development environment in high tech industry.
- Experience in creating and maintaining experimental measurement setups and executing design of experiments.
- Programming experience using LabVIEW, MATLAB, Python is a key requirement.
- Vacuum technology, electrostatics and surface technology knowledge.
- Reliability engineering and precision mechanics knowledge.
- Creative and curious.
- Able to motivate others.
- Customer focused.
- Loyal, committed.
- Has a drive to understand and explain complex matters.
- Has a structured way of working.
- Precise and accurate.
- Pragmatic with hands-on mentality.
Context of the position
Within ASML the business line EUV is responsible for the development of ASML EUV scanner and source. The wafer clamping group is responsible for development and delivering qualified electrostatic clamps which clamp the wafer onto the wafer stage. Wafer clamps are crucial to make lithography happen against the ever demanding specs on overlay, focus, and throughput while ensuring high availability. The holder of this position reports to the Group lead Wafer Clamping.
This position requires access to U.S. Controlled Technology.
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology. At ASML we push capabilities of our technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts. We also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though we stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions, not just theories. Do you see yourself in this picture?