17 days ago - req11681
Mechanical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore’s Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. At our San Diego location we are renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources.We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you’ll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The EUV source team in San Diego operates in a fast-paced, uniquely innovative and challenging environment to create new-to-industry solutions with rapid productization to support an aggressive commercialization plan for the EUV technology within ASML. The Mechanical Development Department is responsible for design, development and engineering for the EUV source modules. This position is in the Droplet Generator team, which is responsible for the droplet generation mechanical modules. ASML is looking for a driven, hands on mechanical engineer for design of complex mechanical modules, all while working under extremely challenging dynamic conditions for the EUV source.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with an assigned light source sub-system project through direct technical advice, schematics/design, approvals, and collaboration with Development Engineering team.
- Assists in providing a broad mechanical engineering design background and performs mechanical engineering analysis (stress, fluids, vibrations, thermal), design for control and distribution of inert and hazardous gases, air and water handling for thermal management of equipment and enclosures, large enclosure design, electrical component packaging, mechanical structural mounts and fixtures, design for manufacturability in low volume products, and design for configuration management.
- Assists in generating module or system concepts to meet product requirements.
- Assists in performing detailed design and component layout for new or improved subsystems.
- Performs tolerance analysis at system and subsystem level.
- Perform analytical analysis for thermal and structural components and sub-modules.
- Assists in a project plan including key deliverables, timeline, and budget.
- Works with other Engineers and CAD Designers for prototype and pilot detailed design.
- Supports driving full documentation of design including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
- Interacts closely with development engineers, scientists, suppliers, and QA to resolve quality issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requiresminimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Advanced degreepreferred.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Requires experience in Solid Modelling. NX preferred
- Experience in making 2D drawing and doing tolerance analysis preferred.
- Hands on experience in design and development of mechanical systems preferred.
- Hands on experience and knowledge of machining and fabrication techniques highly desirable
- Proficient in MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio & Outlook)
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.