30+ days ago - req11643
Upgrade Project Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The Upgrade Project Engineer works closely with the Integration Project Lead (IPL) and Upgrades Main Delivery Owner (MDO) to plan and execute upgrade packages which are a set of Engineering Changes (ECs) on proto EUV sources and/or qualify and release packages to factory and to our customers in the field.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Each day offers new and exciting challenges as you work in ASML’s pioneering technology.As an Upgrade Project Engineer, your core responsibility is to combine ECs defined in a package into an optimized upgrade sequence and recovery, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials, and other prerequisites whilst minimizing system downtime and availability. During the execution phase, the Upgrade Integrator will lead all upgrade efforts, report daily progress/delays, and escalate issues as they surface. Also the Upgrade Integrator provides field support through the execution of upgrades of EUV Sources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and drives execution of upgrades on proto systems ensuring system configuration lines up with requirements as defined in the integration plan.
- Drives release of qualified upgrade packages as defined by system engineering to factory and customers.
- Reports on upgrade preparation, execution and package release status.
- Collects inputs required for upgrade packages and sequence creation from drawings, specification documents and other sources of information.
- Produces clear, concise documentation in defined ASML formats.
- Works according set safety standards in and outside of the clean room.
- Assists in collecting data, performing data analyses, summarizing results and prepares presentation of results for review.
- Travels for support of upgrades on ASML equipment installed in factory and/or at customer sites.
- Drives material, tooling and resource availability for upgrade activities.
- Completes timesheets, expense reports, and other administrative responsibilities in accordance with ASML’s procedures and with supervisor’s approval.
- Provides feedback for improvement of processes used by Upgrades team.
- Interacts with cross-functional groups (engineers, scientists, worldwide customer support personnel, manufacturing personnel, project leads, program, upper management, marketing), crosses functional boundaries and builds constructive and effective relationships throughout the whole organization
- BS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering. Minimum 2 years of experience required with BS degree.
- MS in Optical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Physics, Applied Physics, or Mechanical Engineering preferred. No experience required with MS degree.
- Knowledge and experiences in high-tech machinery, optics, laser-induced plasma, optical metrology, and/or controls of such devices preferred, not required.
- Experiences with vacuum systems a plus.
- Experiences in semiconductor equipment development a strong plus.
- Performs data collection, statistical analysis, and report summarization. Effectively reports problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent (internal) customer servicing skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Experience in using MS Office, MS Project, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Visio.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches.
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions.
- Possesses good presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
- Plans activities and executes to schedules established by program.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Will require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.