20 days ago - req11771
Customer Support Engineer - based in Dresden, Germany
In a nutshell
Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
You want to build success … join us to support our Customer’s needs. Help our Customer to stay competitive in the market.
The Customer Support Engineer (CSE) is part of the Customer Support (CS) organization, which is responsible for the repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at the customer site across Europe and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. The CSE, an ambassador for ASML, must be the first line of support for the repair and maintenance of the ASML Systems. The CSE will interface with the customers, peers, local Technical Support Engineers (TSE) support and staff management to assure timely and accurate support. The CSE must be able to clearly communicate between key stakeholders of technical, organizational and operational stakeholders in relation to driving availability to their specific customer. Provide our customer with a quality experience by utilizing planning, problem-solving and communication skills. Develop an ongoing relationship of trust and reliability with customers and co-workers. You will be working hands-on on our DUV lithography systems and our YieldStar systems.
• Analyze and diagnose problems and make appropriate repairs according our processes and using Best Known Methods (BKM);
• Execute regular maintenance and implement upgrades;
• Provide elementary training to the customer;
• Ensure proper operation of ASML machines at customer site;
• Document your work and create accurate reports, accurately maintain/document time and works actions;
• Monitor system performance;
• Drive improvement via proper channels;
• Provide support and assistance to other ASML personnel;
• If needed effectively escalating problems to the next higher level, based on broad knowledge of most systems, using system documentation, to solve problems;
• Ability to work in a pattern based on 12 hour shifts. The CSE works for four consecutive 12-hour days, followed by four consecutive days off (also in the nights and weekends);
• Possess an international driving license.
Preferred is a Bachelor degree in an Engineering field (e.g. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering)..
• Preferred is 2-5 years’ of relevant work experience;
• Hands-on engineering experience in a cleanroom setting;
• Experience with 1st line support.
• Good communication skills, fluent in English;
• Proven ability to effectively work in a demanding and challenging environment;
• Strong logical thinking, problem solving skills and show attention to details;
• Show ownership and responsibility, be able to adapt to customer circumstances, be proactive and drive for changes;
• Be a strong team player, act as one team, give feedback and be open for feedback, show flexibility to backup each other;
• Flexibility, possible support of other ASML sites requires ~25 % travel (pending on request);
• Quality focus, enable quality mindset in daily operation, hold your colleagues accountable to deliver quality on daily base;
• Speak up when there is unclarity or when issues occur, recognize them as learning opportunities for the team and yourself.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.