6 days ago - req11751
DUV Defectivity engineer
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science, Physics
At ASML, the yield of the DUV-scanners is of high importance to our customers. Any nanometer-scaled disturbance (particle, water droplet, bubble, etc.) needs to be prevented since it can cause a defect in the end-product. As a DUV defectivity engineer in R&D, you will be actively involved in the integration and qualification of the ASML DUV-scanners.
As a defectivity metrology engineer, you will optimize and integrate various measurement-tools in ASML processes and standards. This type of equipment can vary from a light scatterometer to a Scanning Electron Microscope. You will create measurement recipes and test plans, execute them, verify the measurement techniques, analyse and document the results and propose solutions to close performance gaps. You will participate in defectivity projects that are responsible for the qualification of the scanner performance during the system integration phase and will be supporting manufacturing and the customers.
We are looking for an all-round engineer, who will participate in:
- Validation and setup of defect-inspection tools (SEM, reticle- and wafer-inspection equipment).
- Development of new measurement techniques and testing of them in the cleanroom.
- Data analysis, often including the development of the analysis software (in Matlab) itself.
- Supporting customer and factory issues and escalations.
A degree in (Applied) Physics, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science or Material Science.
For international applicants a Masters degree is required.
Bachelor graduate with minimum 2 years of experience or Master graduate.
- Experience with nano-particles and material failure mechanisms is desired.
- Knowledge of semiconductor industry, ASML-scanner, defect metrology equipment, statistics and/or design of experiments is preferred.
- Work experience in other technical companies is a plus.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Pragmatic, innovative and hands-on, highly committed and flexible.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Willingness to work in cleanroom environment.
- Willingness to travel to ASML customers and suppliers.
Context of the position
The work will be in a dynamic environment. Topics that need to be worked on and the boundary conditions are changing often. You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams, together with other departments within ASML. Also, careful alignment with ASML-suppliers that provide inspection tools is necessary. Imagination, creativity, as well as analytical skills will be needed for dealing with the various challenges. You need to be assertive while also being a team player and build on the knowledge and help from other specialists within the ASML community.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader DUV Defectivity & Metrology.