30+ days ago - req11715
Industrial Engineering Intern (Summer 2020)
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
As the world’s leading semiconductor lithography machine (the machine that makes computer chips) manufacturer, ASML enables chip manufacturers to make cheaper, faster chips, thereby enabling all the technology you use today. The machines we make require high speed, magnetically levitated stages with sub-nanometer accuracy, robotic mask delivery systems, mechatronic devices to shape and correct the laser illumination source, and optical modules that can detect sub-nanometer alignment errors and pattern distortions. Temperature controlled to milli-kelvins, particulate free, and operating in complete vacuum, the technical challenges are endless. Solving these challenges requires expertise in servo controls, mechatronics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, embedded software engineering, optics, physics, manufacturing, industrialization, and more. If you like extreme challenges and want to help bring the next generation of technology to the world, then come join ASML.
This position requiresaccess to controlled technology, as defined in the Export AdministrationRegulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legallyauthorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work.Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who areimmediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Internship Goals and Objectives
- Work in a team environmentalongside local experienced engineers.
- Specific tasks will be tailoredto match the education / experience level of the intern as well as theinterns learning objectives for the summer.
- The 2020 project will be in thearea of industrialization to optimize manufacturing processes and quality,component reliability and testing and product performance analysis.
- The goal of the internship isfor you to learn about working in a corporate setting and to provide handson experience solving real world problems in a team environment.
- Interns will typically berequired to document and present their findings as well as making an endof summer presentation to the group about what they achieved during theirinternship.
- Be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering or related discipline
- Must have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Must have junior or senior standing.
- Possess strong ownershipcharacteristics and commitment to achieving results on time
- Have strong English written andoral communicative skills
- Be a demonstrated “team player”with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills
- Have strong analysis and problem-solvingskills and the ability to take initiative
- Be detailed oriented
- Be open to the ideas of others
- Multiple positions available for Summer 2020
- Relocation assistance and/or housing is not provided for these internships.
We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and the business. EOE